BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: I need a list... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maria Reis
Portugal
flag msg tools
So...
I'm Portuguese and I'm not an experienced player.
I recently bought Arkham Horror the card game and the ELdritch Horror.
I would like now to buy some games that are quick to learn rules and that are addictive - for 2 or more players.

Suggestions ?.

Obrigada!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are enjoying 7 Wonders Duel. They took some of the concepts and themes from Seven Wonders, and adapted them into a two player game. They came up with an ingenious method to have card drafting with only two people, by arranging the cards in a pyramid pattern, with some cards face-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Onitama is a great game for two and is quite addicting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to recommend Viticulture Essential Edition to newer gamers. I also think Imperial Settlers and Takenoko are great entry games that play well at 2 and above. I usually recommend 7 Wonders, but it doesn't play 2.

Although his games are complex and definitely NOT for beginners, you owe it to yourself to check out Vital Lacerda's games. He's Portugal's greatest gift to gaming and some of his games take place there. He has a small, entry-level game Kickstarting early next year called Dragon Keepers, you should keep an eye out for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Splendor plays well with two, is easy to learn and has lots of replay value (in my opinion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria Reis
Portugal
flag msg tools
Thank you for your reply! I will take a look on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria Reis
Portugal
flag msg tools
Never listen about it

Thank you .)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria Reis
Portugal
flag msg tools
Im searching not only for 2 players. It can be more.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria Reis
Portugal
flag msg tools
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria Reis
Portugal
flag msg tools
I read about this game and i was quite curious about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I like to recommend Viticulture Essential Edition to newer gamers. I also think Imperial Settlers and Takenoko are great entry games that play well at 2 and above. I usually recommend 7 Wonders, but it doesn't play 2.

Although his games are complex and definitely NOT for beginners, you owe it to yourself to check out Vital Lacerda's games. He's Portugal's greatest gift to gaming and some of his games take place there. He has a small, entry-level game Kickstarting early next year called Dragon Keepers, you should keep an eye out for it.

+1 for Viticulture. Great game that I have played with a number of "non-gamers".
Cacao and Tokaido have also played well with different types of gamers. Tokiado doesn't play as well with 2 as it does with more people in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Targi
7 wonders duel
Jaipur
Memoir 44
All great 2 player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.