Subject: Game end question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Tullis
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just played my first game as a two player game. Not sure if we did something wrong, but the game just wouldn't end. Both players finished almost all the goals. The warehouses and stables were all filled, roofs completed, etc. Most of the dice rolls became wasted because there was nothing left to do. I was hoping someone would roll hats just so the game would end.

We gave up but I was still two spaces away from the end of the Siesta track. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I really like the game but wish there was an alternate end game condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you take hats whenever they were available? They are worth 1 point so always worth taking and they, of course, end the game.

Did you roll the dice between each round of drafting and roll the final shared dice? (For two player: roll all of the dice, each take one, roll 3 dice, each take one, roll final dice - etc). This is a frequently mistaken rule that significantly increases playtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tullis
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yes, we took hats each time they were available. A couple times we used them to complete areas on the carts.

As it was a 2 player game, we used the "The original La Granja" variant. Roll 5 dice once and select from them. I guess we didn't roll hats very much and it seemed to bring the game to a bad end. I guess I won't use that variant any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tullace wrote:
Yes, we took hats each time they were available. A couple times we used them to complete areas on the carts.

As it was a 2 player game, we used the "The original La Granja" variant. Roll 5 dice once and select from them. I guess we didn't roll hats very much and it seemed to bring the game to a bad end. I guess I won't use that variant any more.

Yeah IMO the basic rule of rerolling each round is better - and much shorter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.