Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denee Tyler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in charge of a group of 24 female teenagers who will be going on a week long campwow. I would like to play several games that will get them:

1. interacting,
2. possibly moving,
3. working together,
4. of course, having fun!

I have a few ideas, but I know there are more out there. Does anyone have any advice or ideas? Because we are camping (and it's pretty dirty), I'd rather do games that can be pen and pencil, or sans equipment, if possible.

Thanks, everyonecool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
Fun or Bust!
badge
Owns one of the good FLGSs :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Camping? in the woods? at night? werewolf!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Trifts
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fsumarc wrote:
Camping? in the woods? at night? werewolf!

Absolutely. Werewolves of Miller's Hollow is a PERFECT game for around the campfire. Indeed - I cannot conceive of a better game for the venue and number of players.

If you can find a copy of the rules, you don't even need to buy it. A leather bag full of apprpriately colored glass stones (in the correct number) is all you need to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denee Tyler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ideas besides Werewolf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
'Party' style games are probably for the best here: stuff like Charades, Pictionary, Taboo, or Password, where they can break into teams and each player takes a turn being the person who 'knows the answer' while the rest of the team works together to figure it out.

Trivia games might also work: a "Pop Culture" edition of Trivial Pursuit (less the DVD content) could be a good idea for four teams of six, or six teams of four.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Killoran
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since some groups of teenaged girls like to talk, talking games might be worth researching.

I'm thinking of, like, a variation of "the no game" where instead of collecting tokens from people who say "no" you, like, collect tokens every time you catch somebody saying "like." laugh

Sid Sackson's book "A Gamut of Games" contains several good games for groups like this, including the no game.

Conversations is a game where two players (hopefully with some dramatic ability) secretly choose two famous people (historical figures, celebrities, etc.) and begin holding a conversation "in character." The other players need to listen, and once they figure out who the speakers are join the conversation in such a way that the original actors know that she knows. Players may continue to join the conversation as they figure out who the characters are. Play untill everybody gets it, or just one person is left out...this is particularly good for crushing self-esteem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wits & Wagers works with any size group & the players on each team have to interact to decide about their number guess. It is available at some Target stores.

Teen girls would love a homemade varient of Celebrity Head! Use sweatbands or long fabric scraps to hold a notecard on each forehead. Write a celebrity name with marker on cards beforehand. The girls will have to move around as they ask questions of each other - make it one question per girl - to guess whose name is theirs. Use a few issues of People or Entertainment Weekly magazines & look up the Maxim hot 100 on www.tmz.com to come up with celebrities. kiss They'll like it enough to play several rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.