Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Hi guys,

Santa brought Mummy's Mask for us and we're picking characters. I want to pick Ahmotep because of her weapon/arcane combo but I am really puzzled on how this one particular power works.

"When you would discard a spell for a power that has the Staff trait, you may recharge it instead."

When on earth would I ever discard a spell for a power that the staff trait. We looked at a bunch of staff cards and couldn't really find any examples of where this comes into play.

Huge thanks in advance for providing any clarity here,

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is at least one Item in the base set, Staff of Fire I believe?, that read something like "For your Combat check, you may discard a spell to roll your Arcane plus 1d6 with the Attack, Magic, and Fire traits."

It basically turns any spell into an attack spell, and with her power she gets to automatically recharge that spell instead of discarding it. There are other staffs with similar powers in the following Adventure decks, I have seen one that allows you to discard a spell to add a die to a combat check at another location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Ahhh - gotcha. Thanks for that wisdom. Slickery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.