David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Heya,

Played this for first time last night and I like it. Certainly not the greatest game ever but I got it for $19 CDN and that certainly made it easier to swallow the horrible rules. (thumbs up on the FAQ BTW!)

My question is regarding the end game.

It says that once Ferunkulus and Fieso (monster 49 and 50) are defeated the game immediately ends and any remaining treasure chests remain on the board.

However, you only put 49 power chips in the chambers and there are 53 tiles. If I understand that correctly that means that 4 tiles will never enter the game? So, how is it possible to always have monster 49 and 50 on the board when the final stack is randomly shuffled? and for that matter what if chamber 49 results in just a treasure chest coming out. That would mean monster 49 or 50 would NEVER come out.

Do I understand this correct or am I really missing something obvious.

Please help, your my only hope!

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. N. Dominick
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four of the tiles start on the board, in the first four rooms, so those four plus the 49 unrevealed rooms with power chips is 53 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks,

I realized my massive oversight last night. I was going to delete this question as I finally realized what we did wrong but I'll leave it up in hopes that no one plays this game entirely through to discover they were supposed to put monsters 1-4 on the starting rooms.

OOPS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.