Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I was wondering, as available supply for this begins to dry up, whether there were plans for a second printing in 2017?

I thought I read a post somewhere that intimated this: if PaxRen was successful, there'd been a "bigger box" version designed to hold any future expansions.

Just curious,
Cheers,
-M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, here was the reference: [thread=https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23104686#23104686]"This is what has been submitted to the publisher."[/thread]

Just wondering if there's any word on this for 2017.

Cheers,
-M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After Pax Renaissance was developed, there were a number of extra cards that did not make the cut. Thus came the inspiration for the expansion.

A design goal of Pax Renaissance is a ship weight less than 500 grams. Codesigner Matt Eklund and I know how to pack a lot of game into 500 grams, which allows us to be able to ship from Germany to anywhere in the world for only 4 euros, via Deutschepost Letter. This is important, since we were dropped by US distribution and have to be able to ship to the USA etc. cheaply to stay in business. This cheap flat rate is especially appreciated by those in Australia and New Zealand.

For weight reasons, the number of cards in Pax Renaissance was limited. Matthew recommended to develop an expansion for 2017 if the game was successful. And to sell the base game in a larger box that could accommodate possible future expansions. This is what has been submitted to the publisher.

Phil Eklund's comments in that thread seem a little at odds with themselves,
i.e. keeping weight below 500g to keep shipping costs down.
Perhaps the "big box" weighs less than that when it's empty.
The postal service might get him on volume though.
Pure speculation on my part.

PLB.

Edit.

The game that shipped WAS bigger than the standard "Pax" and Greenland/Neanderthal/Bios:Genesis boxes.
It is big enough to fit the base cards and the expansion cards, but with little room for the other paying pieces.
Perhaps that was what was meant by "big box"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't read Phil's comments as implying a big-box version should Pax Ren be successful. Rather, he's referring to the as-published box being large enough to accommodate the expansion. The Pax Ren box is bigger than the boxes he has been using recently (Pax Por, Pax Pamir, Greenland, Neanderthal, and Bios: Genesis all use the same size box, which is smaller than the Pax Ren box). The 1st edition Pax Ren box is big enough to hold the expansion (which ended up shipping at the same time as the base game).

Based on that, I don't think a reprint with an even large box is probably on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scholle
Australia
St Ives
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well up to 1000g with letter post is only a bit extra at €7, so I reckon most customers would spring for a big box version at that very reasonable postage price. Current games are coming in well under 500g and I'd also appreciate a bit of bubble wrap to fill the parcel - my orders are arriving with dings and dents just being packed in an envelope with no padding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.