Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: game_design [+] [View All]
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
Welcome to my Maze of Deth!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, my brother-in-law and I have had our own little game company for a couple of years now and so far we've made a bunch of games but haven't done much playtesting. Well, that's going to change.

We have a number of games to playtest.If you are interested, let me know what game you want to playtest and we'll arrange getting a copy to you.

EDITTED TO INCLUDE PLAYER NUMBERS:

Avalon: (Recommended 4 players, can possibly be played with less, but I'm not sure how well it will work) Manage your population, avoid the plague, and gain control of your opponents' lands to be declared the new king of Avalon.

The Exploding Space Station Game!: (2-6 players) The international space station is exploding! Get your crew and scientists off the shuttle before it goes boom, piece by piece. Two sets of rules, not sure which to use yet.

Invasion: (2 players) A simple sci-fi themed board game that lets you defend your planet in three dimensions. Will probably turn into a free print-and-play unless I can get some nifty pieces made.

Mithril Mines: (2-4 players) The king's mines have been closed off and taken over by goblins! Get your team of dwarves in there, kill the goblins, get the gold, and get out! And don't forget to pay your crew.

Off Topic: (2+ players) A game to play while playing other games. Also makes a solid party game. Considered for publication for a while by Steve Jackson Games. (Steve Jackson himself called it "very promising")

Short Order: (2-6 players but can probably be done with more) A fast-paced, turnless game of filling orders in the busiest diner in town. With multiple sets could probably be a party game.

Spores: (2-6 players) A simple game that will probably be made available as a free print-and-play, but I'd still like to have it tested first.

Wormholes: (4 players ideally, though possibly can be played with less) The theme needs work, but move your pieces about the board via long twisting tunnels to make your secret sequence. Two different sets of rules. Not sure which to use yet.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here on the forum (so that others can see the answers as well). If you have specific games in mind you'd like to test, please send me an email telling me what games you specifically would like and whether you can print-and-play them or if you need me to send you a copy via snail mail. Also, if you are out of country, I can only let you playtest if you can print-and-play and have decent English, as the only other language I speak is German and not well enough to translate my rules and stuff into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Are any of these geared towards 2-player specifically? I'd be happy to test one out for you if you think it would work that way.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are absolutely right. I forgot to put number of players for each game. Invasion is specifically a two player game. Spores also should be fine two player. Wormholes could theoretically be done with two players, but you'd still have to set up for four (since it involves coordinating four different colors or orientations). Avalon could theoretically be played with two, but I've never tried it. It would certainly make things interesting to have so much open territory at the start of the game. I have played Short Order two players, and it works out fine enough. The scores are just larger (so the goals are higher). Everything else should theoretically be just fine with two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Thompson
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YESH
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean;

I'm very curious about your playtest process. Do you just send a copy of the game and let the platester give you whatever feedback they want? Do you set up specific conditions, scenarios or expectations for tests in general or for any particular test? Are you looking for stress-testing or consumer feedback or are you throwing spaghetti at a wall to see what sticks? Are you testing all of the components at once (rules, rules presentation, mechanics, &c.)?

Any info you can post on how you want/expect your process to go would be very interesting to me!

Thompson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I cannot promise that I can get any of these games to the table, I would be happy to at least look these games over and give initial impressions and/or concerns. Many do sound promising!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've created two playtesting sheets. One for first impressions, which is more just a narrative than a questionnaire in which the player describes what they felt based strictly on the first play (no, "Well it grew on me"). This is to again, figure out first impressions, since they are strongest. A great game that plays poorly the first time for getting used to the rules will probably not get the table time to get past the learning curve.

The second sheet is a questionnaire that asks players what they liked and didn't like, and to rate the game according to look, ease of play, enjoyability, replayability, etc. I've not really done a thorough playtest before, so it's primarily presenting games that are more or less ready to go and seeing what sticks. I'll fix according to the feedback. If a certain game has special considerations, they'll be discussed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Doran
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to try out Spores and Wormholes.
Edit - Invasion sounds like something I'd like to try too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can just look over them, I'll send you the files to look over (since printing them up and mailing the game can get costly). You can print them up and play them if you so desire. However, if need be, I can print a copy up and send it to you.

Just so everyone knows, these games are currently mostly of the print and play variety. I have no minis or wooden cubes for them presently, though if you do, you're more than welcome to substitute for what I've got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talbot
Canada
Fort Smith
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
Be seeing you... -Alphonse
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones that interest me the most would be Mithril Mines and Avalon. So if you need help testing those, I'd be up for giving them a shot.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoot me an e-mail and we'll discuss how we'll go about getting a copy to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
"Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
badge
The ticket to the future is always open.
mbmbmbmbmb
play testers can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21865

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdornbrook wrote:
play testers can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21865

That, sir, is most helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i coudl probably get avalon the mines one or teh space station ones played with my usual group

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Carcassonne
United States
California
flag msg tools
I could playtest any of your games that are for a two to three player group. (it's kind of a streach to get my whole family together for a game)
theblobby2000@aim.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Wyatt
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
short order sounds fun. i will volunteer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to volunteer!

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to playtest Invasion and Mithril Mines... Both look very interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man! From the subject line, I was hoping to playtest a game that had Evil Robots in it!

Avalon Spores and wormholes sound interesting to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Cool! They all sound pretty good. I'll PM you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the game that actually has the evil robot in it is getting its cards revamped with new artwork, so it won't be up for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shaun whiter
Australia
canberra
act
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would be more than happy to playtest one of your 2 player games, I would give you back as much feed back as you require. You could email me the files and I can print the game out, to save on postage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.