Ivan Green
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Greeting fellow Survivors,I couldn't sleep this night because I was delirious and whining in pain, when finally I got up I had a 38.8C (about 102f) fever. So a great Christmas indeed..

You are probably wondering what's with this sob story? Well if you have the time please "stay awhile and listen"

I'm 26, live in country of lithuania, make 300Euros per month and have about a 1000Euros of life savings, I don't have a car and I live with my father. Monster is kinda my only valuable possession.
I was a backer of the original Monster. And it didn't have these crazy Black Friday discounts, so I wasn't expecting them to be on the 1.5 Monster. But yet they were and so now I'll have to pledge for the 1000$ Frogdog instead of the 777$ .
Some might say that I shouldn't even be spending on such a luxury item with my budget. But I'm a simple man and it's worth it, here's why.
We would meet with our closest friend only on birthdays and other holidays like new years eve (which I won't be able to attend at this condition..nor to the Christmas work party..)
But when I got Monsters , it brought us together every weekend (it's not Nokia connecting people, it's Monster connecting people!) . And this is good enough for me, a roof over my head, food and my best friends. So I don't mind throwing my life savings at Monster either way.
But if any-one wants to do a good deed and vacant their Black Friday Gamblers Lantern or 2nd Face that would be truly a Christmas miracle
(or donate thru paypal.me/Khatis ) Thank you.

In any case I'm also a game designer (unpublished though, because there isn't a market for such thing in such a small country)
Now as a way to give back to the community, I've been making updates, variants, fixes etc to Monster from the day I got it. And I would love to share these ideas, but it's on paper, so I'll have to type everything in, it will tale a while. But for now here's a couple of the top of my head:

Durable Armor and Seriously Severe Injuries (not recommended for People of the Stars)
Whenever you would remove Armor points because of Damage, always remove just 1 Armor point. (ex you get hit for 3 Damage to a location that has 2 Armor points, so you mark a Light Wound and subtract 1 Armor point from that location)
This non directly nerfs the Rawhide Set and buffs the less used Screaming or Lantern Set. And so on.

Whenever you would roll for a Severe Injury, gain a -1 for the roll, for every Damage beyond what was needed to cause the Severe Injury. (no matter the modifiers a Lantern 10 is always a Lantern 10)
Ex you get 3 Damage to a location that has a Light Wound and with no Armor points, so you would mark the Heavy Injury and roll for Severe Injury with a -1 Modifier.
There are some cards that don't work with these rules, like the whole encounter with the Hand is unique, so just don't use these rules vs him. But if you ever encounter an odd card vs some-one else that does crazy amounts of Damage,just use common sense.

Perfect Hits for Monsters
When a Monster rolls a perfect hit, you can't Dodge that hit and it does full Damage to Armor (see above)

Lantern 10 hit into Lantern 10 wound

Turn to Wound

Fixed Endevour Generation

Dynamic Monster Death

D100 Disorders

The thing that I have the most beef with is, the so called "choose one or the other" Events, while actually where is no real choice, there is always the correct choice. Ex the White Lion Cub , 99% of the time you are going to kill it. I'm trying to fix these Events so that rewards are approximately equal to the consequences, so that with each event you have a dilemma, a real choice. I hope Poots addresses these himself in Monster 1.5

I also have several homemade Monsters, my pride and joy is The King's Cursed, inspired by the artwork in the book "King's Curse" , I'll show him tomorrow

Uff..sorry guys I wasn't even able to finish these samples in the whole day, my fever spiked to 39.1C ,so I'll finish these tomorrow, now it's time to go to bed. Merry Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They Call Me
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Lol saw you post this same thing almost word for word on the KD subreddit, before it was deleted. You really are going to ask for money on every board related to KD:M aren't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Hope you get well soon, a fever is never a joke. Take a loan if you have to, or just be patient. Many of us have families and not a lot of disposable income. I learned about the KS2 months ago and I've been working overtime and scrapping moneys together for my pledge.

Wait till the last day of the KS2, it's pretty much guaranteed that there'll be a shuffle in the pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Dude... This is kind of pathetic. Nobody's going to vacate a pledge just because someone started whining they couldn't get it.
And the fact of the matter is, spending this much money when it's supposedly most/all of your life savings is a horrible choice, no matter how you look at it, especially when you could be facing medical bills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
I sympathize with you, i really do. But I have to agree with others here. This is, in the end, just a boardgame, a very good one, sure, but a boardgame none the less.
And if you have money trouble, this is a bad way to spend your money and I doubt that you will find anyone who will give it to you, when they have plenty of options to really help other people who need it, if they wanna do a good deed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Also that variant for perfect hits from monsters doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless the /only/ thing that hits you is perfect hits, you fudge it.
2 hits (one perfect), hit head and legs. "Oh, i'm going to dodge the head hit."
"He has a perfect hit, though."
"Yeah that's the one that hit the legs."

And durable armor doesn't nerf rawhide at all, it gives it a buff. Sure, it makes other armor better, but rawhide being able to block, say, 8 damage and only take a light wound? That's freakin nuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.