Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, alot of folks seem to like the theming on the German version, but I must admit that I get a kick out of the cheesy "Fast & The Furious" graphics in Z-Man's version. But to keep that vibe going, it'd be cool if there could be some "drifting" flavor in the game.

Now I've only played the game once, but here's my crack at a proposed advanced rule to add drifting:

* Drifting can only be done on a curve. During the Passing/Attack phase, each tempo card in front of a driver that is the OPPOSITE of the current track increases their chip bid limit by one.

Example: attempt to pass on a RIGHT curve, Takumi has two LEFT TURN tempo cards in front of himself, and four cards in hands. He may bid up to 4+2 = 6 chips on his passing attempt (or to defend against being passed).

If anybody tries this, let us know if its fun, and if it adds flavor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More thoughts on drifting, after having played a few games. It seems that your rarely build up enough chips to make the hand limit on spending an issue. So here's another idea for a variant:

Again, drifting only happens on curves. During a passing attempt a player can drift if they have any turn cards face up that are opposite that of the current track segment. When drifting, the number of chips you spend are multiplied by (1+the number of "drift" cards). So if you are on a right turn, and have one card with a left turn symbol, you'd double the value of any chips you spend. With two left turn cards, you could triple your chip value. At the end of any passing phase that a player drifts, they must permanently discard one card from their hand, as with emergency braking (to simulate tire damage).

Again, this is all idle speculation on my part. If I ever find a group that likes this game enough to play it multiple times, I'll try it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.