Death Pit Duels» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resolving ties in the advanced game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Sell
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
How do you resolve ties in the advanced game? Do you play out the tie with the remaining two cards in your hand or do you you draw your hand back up to three cards then resolve the tie? The way we played it was to resolve the tie with your remaining two cards then when the tie was resolved we drew our hand back up to three cards. The rules are unclear on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ken. Ties are resolved the same way as in the standard rules...

-The fighters of both players die and are discarded.
-A "one" value coin card is added to the reward that is already on the table.
-The next fighters that fight are dueling over the two coin cards now.

If I'm reading your question correctly, it looks as if there's some confusion over whether or not you should bring your hand back up to 3 Fighter cards before the next duel if the previous duel ended in a tie. The answer is, yes. You always draw back up to 3 after a duel whether there was a tie or not (unless of course you have no more Fighter cards left to draw).

Playing without drawing after a tie gives you fewer options, but it's certainly playable like that and is fair as long as both players are playing by the same rules. But, yes, the players should always draw back up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sell
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Bryan,

Thank you for your quick reply. It is much appreciated. You answered my question. That was the other way we planned on playing it but chose the latter. Your way makes more sense. I'm glad you cleared this up. My family and I plan on playing this game a lot over New Year's Day. It is a fun little game. My nephews really enjoy it. The mechanics are simple but offer good strategic decisions. We already played a lot of it over Christmas and plan on doing more. I like how you took the mechanic found in Renier Kneiza's game Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation and expanded on that. I was looking for a simple gladiator type game and this one fits the bill. Thanks for making a fine little game.

Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ken. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game and that it will get lots of use! Actually, I have never played LotR: TC! I looked it up after you mentioned it! Heheheh. Thanks for supporting my game. Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.