Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on picking up the Broken Token artist case and organizer. It has the option of vertical or horizontal storage. Any opinions on which is a better way to store a game like this?

Secondly, what are the best sleeves to get? I know FFG has their own but I figure there are nicer ones available...something easy to shuffle and also with clear backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are your sleeve options.

Card Sleeve Sizes for Games

Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vertical permits more cards to be stored. Five rows of cards vs four. That's a pretty big difference.

Going vertical means you lose the pallet storage space in the lid. This is a nice place to store rule books so it's a slight negative.

Be warned. Hobby Lobby now has two types of artists cases (blonde wood and dark wood). Broken Token inserts are sized for the blonde wood case. The dark wood case is slightly wider and will need a couple of spacers to fit snugly. A minor inconvenience but worth knowing in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer go7gaming over broken token but they're both good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I wanted to paint this kind of plywood storage box black, what would people advise I use to do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
If I wanted to paint this kind of plywood storage box black, what would people advise I use to do it?

I would buy the dark stained one. It's not black but very dark. Otherwise primer and black acrylic always does the job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Vertical permits more cards to be stored. Five rows of cards vs four. That's a pretty big difference.

Going vertical means you lose the pallet storage space in the lid. This is a nice place to store rule books so it's a slight negative.

Be warned. Hobby Lobby now has two types of artists cases (blonde wood and dark wood). Broken Token inserts are sized for the blonde wood case. The dark wood case is slightly wider and will need a couple of spacers to fit snugly. A minor inconvenience but worth knowing in advance.

I had a different experience - my dark wood case was REALLY REALLY snug. I'm not sure I could get the vertical dividers out without breaking it actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Bateman
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Until they have a larger card collection, I am sticking to your standard white box using some of the vertical dividers provided in the files tab of this game. Once they have more cards, I will upgrade to something more sturdy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Fromhell
msg tools
My solution is very simple. Turn the insert upside down. Cut the middle part (that is now on top), and using clear tape, tape it to the two "trays" on the bottom. You now have 3 rooms for cards and tokens. Small zip bags for the tokens. The original large bags for the Cards. There is enough room for sleaved cards, but you probably need another large zip-bag. The rule books and the campaign guide on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeStefano
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
Robrob wrote:

I had a different experience - my dark wood case was REALLY REALLY snug. I'm not sure I could get the vertical dividers out without breaking it actually.

I had a similar situation with the dark wood case, except the insert wouldn't fit without trimming it down and I needed to put the spacers along the top or it wouldn't close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Van Langenhove
msg tools
I'm not quite sure yet what I want my eventual storage solution to be once a lot of expansions are out. For the moment I've rigged up something with the core box, an old ikea box and the insert. It isn't fancy but it does the job for now. And should do for the first couple of expansions I would hope.

https://goo.gl/photos/srpTw6iDDm7HzxqN8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Holderman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered the Broken token horizontal insert. What do folks use for the chits for storage in this insert that fits in the artist case? Or any fun bag options for drawing the tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Quiver case is also pretty awesome looking for portability. Certainly isn't for full storage but some guys on Twitter (mainly Rich Sommer of the Cardboard! podcast) has a nice looking setup.

https://twitter.com/CardboardCast/status/805815717807288320

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JHolderman06 wrote:
Ordered the Broken token horizontal insert. What do folks use for the chits for storage in this insert that fits in the artist case? Or any fun bag options for drawing the tokens?

If you're a parent, the gerber stage 1 food containers are perfect for storing gaming chits. They are a pretty solid plastic with a snap on lid, and you get two for 0.94 (USD). So it's a win/win situation for both me and my son.

I also want to note that I use a Hobby Lobby artist case and the broken token vertical insert for storing my LCGs. However, it's worth mentioning that the spacing between the divider cutouts are large. So if you want to use the wooden dividers for the smaller encounter sets (i.e. those sets that have only 3 cards or so), you'll have to cut them in yourself. Not hard to do, but kind of annoying. Looks like the Go7gaming heritage inserts have more notches cut into the insert frame to accommodate smaller sets. I plan to upgrade to that one down the road.

For sleeving, I use KMC perfect fit sleeves. They really have the most snug fit of all of the sleeves i've tried (ultra pro, mayday, FFG, etc.). I think they are really designed to be used as an inner sleeve for double sleeving cards, thus the more snug fit. The quality is thicker than mayday penny sleeves, but not quite as thick as the premiums. Not a deal breaker for me as my goal is simply to protect them from frequent handling and shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JHolderman06 wrote:

Return it and buy this which accommodates this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sindriss wrote:
JHolderman06 wrote:

Did you link the right one or is there a way to store token boxes in the 002 insert? This 004 insert seems to allow for the token boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Desmond
United Kingdom
Sawbridgeworth
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Optical Power Ltd in the UK have a new Miskatonic box made from laminated fibre board, that is just beautiful. Mine arrived today! It can hold more than 5100 cards, has an upper tray to hold rulebooks etc, 40 movable dividers and the engraved top features the Miskatonic University seal (which feels great to the touch). Oh, and the box smells lovely too! They aren't making many of them unfortunately.

http://oplaser.co.uk/shop/miskatonic-large-limited-to-10.htm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
I'll never do that again.
badge
I am looking at you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kerr Avon wrote:
Optical Power Ltd in the UK have a new Miskatonic box made from laminated fibre board, that is just beautiful. Mine arrived today! It can hold more than 5100 cards, has an upper tray to hold rulebooks etc, 40 movable dividers and the engraved top features the Miskatonic University seal (which feels great to the touch). Oh, and the box smells lovely too! They aren't making many of them unfortunately.

http://oplaser.co.uk/shop/miskatonic-large-limited-to-10.htm...

Sadly, shipping to the US is about 24GBP, and they will not process one transaction with two of the boxes in my order.

I weep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Desmond
United Kingdom
Sawbridgeworth
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a shame BigScotty

They have a blog that sometimes has discount codes on it (there have been a couple of 15% off codes recently)
http://oplaser.co.uk/Blog/

If I notice one I'll send you it in a message. It might make the overseas shipping more bearable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkham Chronicle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

We have two videos on storage cases at the moment.

The OP Laser Intermediate storage box designed to stay at home.

https://youtu.be/xSovkcGNJiw

And the KakapopoTCG A3 Briefcase designed to be portable. (You can win this!)

https://youtu.be/FbA5sQEnW-Q

We have about 12 other storage boxes awaiting their own video and their own giveaway too.

We have an introduction to sleeving video for anyone new to the concept.

https://youtu.be/-TVS3Hhqp-0

And we have so far gathered about 40 different types of sleeve. We are still waiting for some to come in from Canada, the US and Japan and then we will start making videos on those.

If there is anything specific you would like us to look at for you please just ask.

We like to be helpful.

The Arkham Chronicle Gang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
Sindriss wrote:
JHolderman06 wrote:

Did you link the right one or is there a way to store token boxes in the 002 insert? This 004 insert seems to allow for the token boxes.

Yes 002 accepts bit boxes in the side lane. The 004 sacrifices a whole lane of cards for extra storage for whatever else. playmat etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rbf1138 wrote:
I'm planning on picking up the Broken Token artist case and organizer. It has the option of vertical or horizontal storage. Any opinions on which is a better way to store a game like this?

My first LCG and I am thinking about picking this up as well. I assume the two options for Arkham Horror - The Card Game are:

ORG011 "Standard-Size Card" organizer with 5 rows of card storage and 18 adjustable dividers pre-assembled and installed.
ORG012 "Horizontal Card Storage" organizer with 4 rows of card storage and 21 adjustable dividers pre-assembled and installed.

Correct? Just want to make sure I don't order a version that doesn't work well with this game.

Thanks, Wray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.