BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Splendor sleeves that fit in the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey everyone how was your holidays?

This Christmas I received Splendor and bought some sleeves that they told me it would fit on splendor (arcane tinman standard size) the problem is that they do not fit that nicely (there is a lot of spare space so the cards tend to get out of the sleeve) and they do not fit in the horizontal compartments.

So I was wondering if there was any sleeves that fit splendor cards perfectly and that also fits in the box ( I really don't want to cut the box).

Thank you all for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't sleeve my copy of Splendor--all of the components fit neatly into a small 200-count cardboard box, which means it goes practically everywhere. If you're looking to sleeve the game, the cards are of the standard gaming size (Magic size) so perhaps perfect fits for that size? I haven't tested this; this is merely off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some 4"x6" zip bags for the chips and cards and threw away the useless insert. Bonus is there's no hunting chips when the box pops open in a parking lot. This age of annoying inserts really bugs me. Splendor designers just didn't care, same as when they released the first edition, which color blind people couldn't play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Dorito
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Fantasy Flight ones and they fits snugly if you put all the cards in a deck.

Fantasy Flight sleeve size: Standard Card Game - Gray (FFS05, 50/pack) - (2-1/2" x 3-1/2" - 63.5 x 88mm)

More options here
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/3224241#item3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for your replies, but I really did not wanted to cut the insert or take it out. I heard that kmc perfect size does the job, do you know if it is true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Lemagnifique

St-Alexandre
Quebec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not cut the insert, but I pop the separations inside out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noname536 wrote:
Thank you for your replies, but I really did not wanted to cut the insert or take it out. I heard that kmc perfect size does the job, do you know if it is true?

If you looked at the link, you would have your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Dorito
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No insert modification for me. Just have to put the cards in differently, cannot separate them in three stacks anymore.

noname536 wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
noname536 wrote:

If you looked at the link, you would have your answer.

If you read my first post you would see that I have bought arcane tinman (which is included on that post) and they do not fit on the box.

Thank you for your help anyway

slylysylar wrote:
No insert modification for me. Just have to put the cards in differently, cannot separate them in three stacks anymore.

noname536 wrote:

I see thank you, I will try kmc first to see if they are still able to fit on the horizontal inserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.