Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Hickey
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
when entering/exiting a turn, can the other non-activated cars be pushed to the outside when a choice is given ? Also, in a similar vein, when there are two line side by side on the curve and the draft movement from the inner lane comes out, with the last car being the activated car, can they link up the outer lane if the outer lane is in the last sector of the curve? IE, the active car will be in contact with the outer lane lead car. Finally,when adding in the crew chief cards in a two player game, do we reduce the race cards by one to end up with 7 total cards, or is it still seven race cards plus the crew chief card to make 8 total?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of questions there.

1) Inside and Outside Line are two of the most restrictive cards in the game. All of your choices on the decision ladder are made for you when entering a turn with different numbers of lanes. Inside Lane = All cars in the pack must go through the inner of the two choices. Not only the acrive car but every car being affected. That also means that you would never be able to pick up a car on the outer lane.

2) As for Crew Chiefs, I assume you are specifically asking about the Setup Cards where you choose one for the race and reuse it each turn. That card is in addition to your regular hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hickey
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
thanks for the clarification. Awesome game. My adult son and I play every time he gets home. He usually kicks my butt, but it's still fun. Our last game,believe it or not, ended in a tie. I finished 1,3,4,10,11,12 with 3 bonus points and he finished 2,5,6,7,8,9 with 2 bonus points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris W
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Hi Kevin,

Sounds like you are really enjoying Thunder Alley. I love the game too. I highly recommend buying the Racing Champions 1:144 miniatures for this game. You can find decent sized lots for cheap on ebay. You may need to tinker with the paint schemes. I did this and I really like it with the toy cars, it just seems so cool! For activation I just turn the cars backward after they've been played. I'm hoping to start a season of this with my one buddy and his friends. They are not board gamers but they all like Nascar and so far from what I've heard they think it looks really cool, my buddy took picks of my tricked out game with the miniatures. Anyway, happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.