Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Leibig
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got this game for Christmas. It is great.

Questions:
1) Do you have a facing when prone? This comes up when others have cards that assume they are directly behind you.

2) What happens if play swing but I am too close to a wall so that I can only move two spaces? Is the action cancelled or do I just stay in place and advance the full amount on the time track?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you are knocked down you retain the facing you had while standing.

I'm not sure about the swing question, but I would play it that you move as far as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leibig
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jordan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just reread the rules and found the answer to the facing question. (It is actually pretty clear in the rules, I just missed it.)

I didn't see anything about the move question. Swing and Aaar! seem like the only move actions where this kind of thing can happen that isn't clearly covered in the rules. I would intuitively say that the action is cancelled, but the requirement to be able to be cancelled is that you don't meet the requirements in red. There is no requirement that there are indeed 3-5 spaces in front of you (or diagonal to you) printed in red, which would imply that you can't cancel the action. I suppose strictly reading the rules, the action fails (like an attack that does nothing if you aren't in a certain relation to your opponent -- like shove if there is no one there) and you move your time marker forward three spaces. This makes this the only move type action that doesn't have a sort of do nothing and advance one time space option. That could be correct thematically, but I don't find it particularly satisfying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Oldman20 wrote:
Jordan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just reread the rules and found the answer to the facing question. (It is actually pretty clear in the rules, I just missed it.)

I didn't see anything about the move question. Swing and Aaar! seem like the only move actions where this kind of thing can happen that isn't clearly covered in the rules. I would intuitively say that the action is cancelled, but the requirement to be able to be cancelled is that you don't meet the requirements in red. There is no requirement that there are indeed 3-5 spaces in front of you (or diagonal to you) printed in red, which would imply that you can't cancel the action. I suppose strictly reading the rules, the action fails (like an attack that does nothing if you aren't in a certain relation to your opponent -- like shove if there is no one there) and you move your time marker forward three spaces. This makes this the only move type action that doesn't have a sort of do nothing and advance one time space option. That could be correct thematically, but I don't find it particularly satisfying.

It's not addressed in the rules. I need to put something about this in the FAQ.

We play that you still do the swing, just move as far as you can. We tend to default to 'let the person do their cool thing' as the preferred outcome, but I could certainly see an argument for it being cancelled.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.