Subject: Red Event Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
The worst pirate I've ever seen
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still struggling with the first "easy" scenario (which is not easy at all btw) so I don't know what comes next but I have to ask. What's the idea behind red Event Tokens? They have no impact to the game if tou don't draw them. On the other hand they can end the game instantly - and you can do nothing about it (or can you?) - if you draw them in row. What's the point of this random element?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the red events escalate the gestation track faster than the blue ones for a harder game. A common mistake is that folks gestate too fast. I recommend using the basic scenario to start without red tokens and to make sure you 100% understand how aliens are drawn from the bag and gestate - this will help you improve your chances of winning!

The game was designed to be very hard out of the box - 75% loss! With the basic scenario, its closer to 60%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
A common mistake is that folks gestate too fast.

This is interesting point. Can you give me some hint what mistake could it be? Rules seem to be clear at this point but who knows. Maybe I'm doing same mistake.

onekccs wrote:
The game was designed to be very hard out of the box - 75% loss!

Why? (I wonder if there is 25% wins among players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an observation that its a commonly missed or mistaken item to watch is all.

To be clear, yes, the crew wins only 25% of the time in the base game design. Richard and I wanted it to simulate a desperate situation - a nasty crash with little to no hope. A super challenging puzzle. We knew that some would find it too difficult so we included scenarios and optional rules so folks could tame it down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
Richard and I wanted it to simulate a desperate situation - a nasty crash with little to no hope.

Well, mission accomplished.
Anyway, game is great! I love F1-D0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.