Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen VW
msg tools
Box and Game Guid

Open Box

Robots (pre-colored)

Priority antenna

Card size overview (Joker cards used for size comparison)

Game Guide in PDF:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe using Joker cards for size comparison is not the best thing to do, because they can come in all sorts of sizes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any pics of the boards? Are they 10x10, or 12x12 like in the original game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CavemanLogic wrote:

10x10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CavemanLogic wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
CavemanLogic wrote:

This is the important part. I think if it is the downsized board I might as well just buy an earlier version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Evans
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This image is me with flame wings, because Fushicho is Japanese for Phoenix.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks cheap an nasty to me. Flat! The original boards had more depth and colour and things going on.
It looks like they've made it for under 12's rather than over 12's.

It's all a bit to clean and simple, no character!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diederik wrote:
Having the older edition, I just ordered the newer one just for the separate decks. I'm going to give them a try on the old maps and see if it makes gameplay more smooth.

Subscribing to this thread. I really want to see how it plays with the older boards.

Based on the description, I really like what I read about the new cards and the damage system. I'm sure I'll miss the locked register (especially when a Move 3 is locked), but spam cards sound exciting. The energy cubes sound a lot like King of Tokyo, which makes sense.

I want this for the upgraded rules, but I may rely on some of those exciting older boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will work fine on the older boards, you just need to ensure you place the priority antenna.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fushicho wrote:
It looks cheap an nasty to me. Flat! The original boards had more depth and colour and things going on...

Agreed! My friend bought the 2010 version with the same or similar boards. They look so sterile and barren. When we play, I make sure to bring my set of all the original boards. I do like the new flags though.

Diederik wrote:
Having the older edition, I just ordered the newer one just for the separate decks. I'm going to give them a try on the old maps and see if it makes gameplay more smooth.

Exactly. My FLGS is ordering me in a copy. Should be here in two days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diederik wrote:

You could just use the original cards, though. At least if you sleeved them, and used some proxies for the "again", "energy" and "damage" cards. (for anyone else thinking of doing the same)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Diederik wrote:

You could just use the original cards, though. At least if you sleeved them, and used some proxies for the "again", "energy" and "damage" cards. (for anyone else thinking of doing the same)

You need more cards. You almost have enough to make the basic decks for six robots (didn't do a precise count, but the old cards will come close to enough for six robots), but then you need about 70 more cards for the damage decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelto wrote:
Gawain wrote:

You need more cards. You almost have enough to make the basic decks for six robots (didn't do a precise count, but the old cards will come close to enough for six robots), but then you need about 70 more cards for the damage decks.

You need 120 cards for six robots. The original has 84 program cards. You'd have to use the option cards, and that would only get you to 110 (or so, depending on which versions/expansions you have). And you'd definitely need more for the damage decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well not everyone has the luxury of 6 players around the table every game ;) But point taken! I honestly misremembered the amount of cards in RRC as a whole lot more. That deck always seemed so huge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Well not everyone has the luxury of 6 players around the table every game But point taken! I honestly misremembered the amount of cards in RRC as a whole lot more. That deck always seemed so huge!

To be honest I looked it up and was surprised it was only 84 cards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.