Subject: Wolf of Rimini + Duchy of Ferrara rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) Both cards say: A white Token in Venice counts 2X in all battles.

What if I have both cards in my tableau? Do white Tokens 2X or 4X?

2.) Furthermore: if I start a Campaign with a white knight Token in Venice: Do I have to pay one or two Florins?

3.) Furthermore: If I attack with one white token from Venice and there is one defender: Is my token killed (although it counts 2X) or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Pinto
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good question! Although I don't have official anwsers, following my gut feeling I'd go

1) Count only X2 (just that it don't become too overpowered)
2) Pay only 1 Florin
3) The token is killed anyway

PS: I cannot find this card "Wolf of Rimini", is it from the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernhard Vierthaler wrote:
1.) Both cards say: A white Token in Venice counts 2X in all battles.

What if I have both cards in my tableau? Do white Tokens 2X or 4X?

It is 2x. Each of these special abilities allows a white token to count as two tokens, instead of one. It does not say that the tokens are doubled, then doubled again.

2.) Furthermore: if I start a Campaign with a white knight Token in Venice: Do I have to pay one or two Florins?

One florin as per campaign rules. However, when resolving the battle, it counts as two.

3.) Furthermore: If I attack with one white token from Venice and there is one defender: Is my token killed (although it counts 2X) or not?

In order to satisfy the exchange rule, you must lose your attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both!

guilhermefsp wrote:

PS: I cannot find this card "Wolf of Rimini", is it from the expansion?

Yes, expansion card 47.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:

Suppose that the doubled White Knight is joined by another attacker (e.g., in a Religious War) and the defender loses two Tokens.

Can I lose the double White Knight to complete my exchange, or must I give up two tokens?

Correspondingly, suppose that the doubled White Knight is defending alone again two attackers; are both attackers lost to satisfy an exchange with the doubled White Knight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
phileklund wrote:

Suppose that the doubled White Knight is joined by another attacker (e.g., in a Religious War) and the defender loses two Tokens.

Can I lose the double White Knight to complete my exchange, or must I give up two tokens?

Correspondingly, suppose that the doubled White Knight is defending alone again two attackers; are both attackers lost to satisfy an exchange with the doubled White Knight?

Given the card says "A white Token in Venice counts 2x in all battles" and Phil's confirmation that "these special abilities allows a white token to count as two tokens", I think it is clear that you can lose the Venice white knight to satisfy the exchange loss against 2 defenders. It counts as 2 tokens after all.

Similar conclusion when the knight is defending alone against 2 attackers. Since it counts as 2 tokens, both attackers are killed in the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
Given the card says "A white Token in Venice counts 2x in all battles" and Phil's confirmation that "these special abilities allows a white token to count as two tokens", I think it is clear that you can lose the Venice white knight to satisfy the exchange loss against 2 defenders. It counts as 2 tokens after all.

Similar conclusion when the knight is defending alone against 2 attackers. Since it counts as 2 tokens, both attackers are killed in the battle.

Yes, I agree that this all makes sense.

I was uncertain only because of the "pay only 1 Florin" rule for Campaign.

I guess the point is that the cards refer explicitly to "Battle" and the doubling thus applies only to features pertaining to Battles (e.g., the exchange).

For Campaign, the idea is that you go through these steps:
1. Identify and pay for attackers.
2. Identify defenders.
3. Have a Battle.

The doubling occurs only at step #3 (and applies to all of it), but the payment occurs before the Battle at step #1 and thus is not doubled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The token counts double "in battles", inflicting two casualties and can be lost to absorb up to two casualties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more questions:

1. Do these cards apply even if their owner isn't involved in the battle?

2. In Campaign (for example), can a single foreign Knight still attack Papal States with the doubled White Knight?

If so, I would assume that both Knights are lost, even though the White one is doubled.

Or do you need to attack with enough force to exchange for the doubled Knight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.