Subject: S&T edition: Deploying New Units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert Wu
Taiwan
Taichung
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Rule 10.9 (Deploying New Units) of the Strategy & Tactics edition reads, "Each new unit must be placed on or adjacent to any friendly controlled home-country mobilization hex." Can a new unit be placed on
1. a "friendly controlled enemy home-country hex" adjacent to a friendly controlled home-country mobilization hex (e.g. for Germany, the Liege-Namur hex adjacent to German home-country mobilization hexes of Essen and Cologne), or
2. an "enemy controlled (but not occupied nor under EZOC) friendly home-country hex" adjacent to a friendly controlled home-country mobilization hex?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the rules do not explicitly state that you can't deploy into an enemy-controlled hex if no enemy units are in the hex or exerting a ZOC, so I suppose you could. Can't see it coming up very often though. Seems a bit gamey though, but not worth worrying about a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
While the rules, if taken literally, seem to allow both 1 and 2, I think common sense would not allow either. It's hard to imagine raising new troops in the enemy's country, and if control of a hex means anything, surely it means that the enemy has some say in what happens in the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.