Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

World War I» Forums » Rules

Subject: S&T edition: Mandatory Elimination of Fort Occupied by a Friendly Unit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert Wu
Taiwan
Taichung
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Rule 11.2 (Fortifications in Combat) of the Strategy & Tactics edition reads, "…If a friendly unit is occupying the fortification, the fortification defense strength is added to the total defense of the hex, but does not increase the printed strength of defending unit for purposes of mandatory elimination…" Moreover, Rule 11.3 (Destroying Fortifications) reads, "Mandatory Elimination. If a fort is defending by itself and the attacker inflicts losses greater than the strength of the fort, the fort is eliminated. If a unit is stacked with the fort, both the unit and fort are eliminated only if the total loss is greater than the strength of both combined."

If a printed-strength-3 fort is occupied by a printed-defense-strength-3 friendly unit and the attacker inflicts a loss of 4, can the defender choose either the fort or the unit to fulfill the Mandatory Elimination? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
11.3 says: the destruction of the fortification satisfies
all loss points. if a friendly unit occupies the fortification, the defender can destroy either one or the other to satisfy the losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.