Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony R
United States
Sylva
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 4 player game last night and early on, like round four or so, I failed to fulfill a 30 point order that I only had two rounds to do it in. There was no catching up. I spent the rest of the game with under 10 points and the final scoring was the winner with 117 and the other two were like 101 and 94 and I had 17 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this you first play through? Never try to evaluate how balanced a game is until all players have had time to understand the mechanics and try some different strategies.
Ftankly, I have not played it enough to have an opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tonyro19 wrote:
I played a 4 player game last night and early on, like round four or so, I failed to fulfill a 30 point order that I only had two rounds to do it in. There was no catching up. I spent the rest of the game with under 10 points and the final scoring was the winner with 117 and the other two were like 101 and 94 and I had 17 points.

IMHO you should'nt take this order if you hadn't most of the ingriedients already in hand. Still, unless you had them all (which would be awesome), this orders are risky to take but comes with amazing reward ~30pts.

But also yeah, those orders may create very swingy scores if someone fails to deliver them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony R
United States
Sylva
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donatello23 wrote:
tonyro19 wrote:

IMHO you should'nt take this order if you hadn't most of the ingriedients already in hand. Still, unless you had them all (which would be awesome), this orders are risky to take but comes with amazing reward ~30pts.

But also yeah, those orders may create very swingy scores if someone fails to deliver them

That's solid advice, but I feel like there needs to be some sort of catch up mechanism, besides the extra pity die, to sort of balance it out. I'm probably wrong there, I need to play more games of it to really get a better opinion here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After 3 plays, I've found the catch up die to be very effective. So much so that we've taken it out of 2-player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Buchanan
United States
Denton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
I can die fighting. I imagine it's easier the second time around.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had this issue. I will say that unlike Lords of Waterdeep, there's not much chance to build an inventory of ingredients. I think that's largely because there are so many ingredients and so many of the recipes require more than 3 or 4. This isn't supposed to be a criticism - just an observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Karlsson
msg tools
You can collect a fairly large amount of ingredients, if you're prepared to take some risks with the boss. Take an order that has a long cool down period and if you can't fulfill it quickly the points received reduces fairly slowly. Get the required ingredients, but don't turn in the order, and continue to collect ingredients. After an extra turn or two you should have enough ingredients to immediately fulfill a second order and probably even a third. You will have lost points on the first order, but those points will you get back with interest on the following orders since you can deliver them the same turn you take them for full points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Murphy
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I thought the rules said if you could you had to fill an order? I could be wrong though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.