Panayiotis Lyris
Greece
Athens
Attika
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

We played this game with my brother and some friends last day, one thing that i noticed is once the Terminators reached the lines of the resistance they chopped everyone up, not that this sounds wrong (being the awesome killing machines that they are) but it felt like their opponents were just standing there waiting to be 'terminated' in inglorious close combat.

What i am proposing is that close combat should have been a skill versus skill die roll, attacker rolls his dice and defender does the same, for the attacker to cause any hits he must roll over the defender's roll of his skill dice. (it makes hitting the target harder since it would normally be just a 3+ with this change it can be quite more difficult)

The attacker should have a bonus to his skill roll (not necessarily a modifier) the defender should not be able to cause a hit to the attacker if he rolls more.

The 'Hasta la vista' rule i guess remains as it is since the target is not defending.

I really like the rule set by the way, i think it is an amazing job, and the whole resolution roll is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I "ignored" it the first few plays, because it is cool to sit back and shoot, but a solid (maybe the best?) plan for the Termies is to run into close combat. You can cover the distance and your CC hit uses a D10, so the Resistance suffers on the Resolution roll.

The best defense as the Resistance? Keep mobile, keep terrain between you and the Terminators that can't be run thru, and keep a few soldiers on Ambush to try and hit the runners as they close in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McBain
Canada
flag msg tools
Nice idea. We just played our first game and when the Terminators closed in, the ripped up the humans.
And what about shooting into close combat - or leaving close combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And what about shooting into close combat - or leaving close combat?

You can only use CC-rated weapons in Close Combat so you need to back away to shoot, unless you are delivering the Hasta La Vista death shot.

There are no prohibitions for firing into CC other than LOS and the need to stay out of a blast radius from what I recall. And there is no "sticky" aspect to CC, so you can always move out of it as part of a run-away plan, or just to move back to allow you to shoot. Honestly, I can't think of a great reason to be in CC as the Resistance player (maybe to use a Sticky Bomb as a last gasp?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hendricks
msg tools
mb
After playing the game a couple times with my regular gaming buddies, we thought that the easiest fix for the close combat strength of the Terminators is to only allow them to either crawl or walk. No running for the endoskeletons. The T-1000, of course can run. In the movies, you never see the Terminators run. Arnold always walked. In the beginning of the first movie the endoskeletons, walked, shooting at the humans. This allows the humans the ability to scurry away and stay alive a little longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered about the running thing as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bigness
msg tools
Actually Naked T800 Arnie is seen running at older T800 Arnie (Pops) While being shot by Older Arnie (POPS) with a shotgun. T800 terminators don't run often but they are fully capable of it. Also the T800 in the first film also is shown running after Sarah and Kyle after they flee the Tech Noir Bar and run down an alley to escape. You can actually see Arnold running down the same ally in hot pursuit. so yes endoskeletons can run if they want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Hopwood
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the human's side, you can't play this game like you would most others where you hold ground and blast away (a la Warmachine or 40k). Sometimes you have to fall back and retreat, or sacrifice one of your models to pause the machines advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.