Subject: Availability in Europe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mario sieger
Austria
Leoben / Eisenstadt
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

does anybody know when this game will be available?
I thought the release would be December but now I can´t find an english version of Nautilion anywhere and on the z man homepage it´s written that the game is already sold out...

hope you can help me

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Availability
Amazon shows three left through z-man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario sieger
Austria
Leoben / Eisenstadt
flag msg tools
Re: Availability
thanks for your answer.

yes you´re right but i´m living in Austria and I should have mentioned that before. with shipping from the US to Austria the game costs more than 50 $. That´s way too much

I´ll change the title of the thread that my circumstance is clear.
thank you anyhow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely no sign of it in Europe yet. But it only just arrived with US stockists so can only assume it's on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic. Fingers crossed for January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought it from a shop a week and a half ago in France. The game's in French though. Given that Shadi Torbey is Belgian, which is a neighbouring country, might have helped, and it's released by Filosofia, not Z-Man.

I haven't seen it in English, but haven't been looking for it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario sieger
Austria
Leoben / Eisenstadt
flag msg tools
Gribbon wrote:
Absolutely no sign of it in Europe yet. But it only just arrived with US stockists so can only assume it's on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic. Fingers crossed for January.

as long as it is going to be available in Europe I´m satisfied, no matter when it arrives

thanks for your answers everybody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Given that Shadi Torbey is Belgian, which is a neighbouring country, might have helped
Well, that only worked southward then, because I'm still waiting here in Holland. laugh

IME, it always takes a bit longer for these games to arrive in all the different countries of Europe. Be patient, at some point it will become available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Given that Shadi Torbey is Belgian, which is a neighbouring country, might have helped
Well, that only worked southward then, because I'm still waiting here in Holland. laugh

IME, it always takes a bit longer for these games to arrive in all the different countries of Europe. Be patient, at some point it will become available.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that being Belgian means he speaks French Thus early translation and availability in French-speaking countries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Teeka wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that being Belgian means he speaks French Thus early translation and availability in French-speaking countries.

I got it, I was just kidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Cano
France
Nice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m also waiting here...too bad that this game is not language-independent like the rest of the Onniverse series!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Giusti
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Crazy how this game seems to continually be pushed back further and further. I've emailed Z-Man without any response yet. Does anyone have news on when we'll see the English edition in Europe (specifically UK)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mirkocano wrote:
I´m also waiting here...too bad that this game is not language-independent like the rest of the Onniverse series!

Yeah, for all we know it's the translated versions that are causing problems now (delays, unforseen extra costs overall, etc).

Btw, even though I don't want or need a version in my own language like some countries always do (j/k), I'm still kinda bummed they used text in this one.
It really added to the atmosphere and look of the Oniverse games that there was no text anywhere. So far, IMHO all the games worked fine with nothing but pictures and icons. I don't really see why this time the card text couldn't be translated into an icons/arrows/numbers type system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
mirkocano wrote:

Yeah, for all we know it's the translated versions that are causing problems now (delays, unforseen extra costs overall, etc).

Btw, even though I don't want or need a version in my own language like some countries always do (j/k), I'm still kinda bummed they used text in this one.
It really added to the atmosphere and look of the Oniverse games that there was no text anywhere. So far, IMHO all the games worked fine with nothing but pictures and icons. I don't really see why this time the card text couldn't be translated into an icons/arrows/numbers type system.

Maybe Shadi wanted to test the waters?

See what I did here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Teeka wrote:
mirkocano wrote:
(...)
I don't really see why this time the card text couldn't be translated into an icons/arrows/numbers type system.

Maybe Shadi wanted to test the waters?

See what I did here?
Nice one!

Joking aside though:
So you're thinking the next game could be a more traditional-style CCG with text on all cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
So you're thinking the next game could be a more traditional-style CCG with text on all cards?

I'd buy that actually that could make for a cool solitaire game.
But no, I was thinking more of adding conditions to components that don't require having the rulebook with you at all times. Similar to the fact that you can reroll a die if you have both the mage and its apprentice with the mage expansion. You won't know that unless you have the rulebook close-by

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I was thinking more of adding conditions to components that don't require having the rulebook with you at all times. Similar to the fact that you can reroll a die if you have both the mage and its apprentice with the mage expansion. You won't know that unless you have the rulebook close-by

Sorry I'm still waiting for the game as well so I'm not sure what those things are.

But instead of a card with words, or just an entry in the rulebook, you could easily have some (reminder) cards/tiles with something like
"<mage icon> + <apprentice icon> -> <die and 180-turn arrow icon>". That would be easy to grasp, right?

Is that what you mean? If so, then yes I'm all for it (as that's the kind of 'icon translation' I was talking about).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
I was thinking more of adding conditions to components that don't require having the rulebook with you at all times. Similar to the fact that you can reroll a die if you have both the mage and its apprentice with the mage expansion. You won't know that unless you have the rulebook close-by

Sorry I'm still waiting for the game as well so I'm not sure what those things are.

But instead of a card with words, or just an entry in the rulebook, you could easily have some (reminder) cards/tiles with something like
"<mage icon> + <apprentice icon> -> <die and 180-turn arrow icon>". That would be easy to grasp, right?

Is that what you mean? If so, then yes I'm all for it (as that's the kind of 'icon translation' I was talking about).

Yup it is. You use a different board for those crew members, but there is no reminder text or icon on the board. The icon you're suggesting would work though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Yorga
Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGiuce wrote:
Crazy how this game seems to continually be pushed back further and further. I've emailed Z-Man without any response yet. Does anyone have news on when we'll see the English edition in Europe (specifically UK)?

Anyone heard anything else about this? I've had an pre-order with an OLGS since late November and it's getting a bit frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yorga wrote:
TheGiuce wrote:

Anyone heard anything else about this? I've had an pre-order with an OLGS since late November and it's getting a bit frustrating.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

Recently I asked Esdevium games (UK distributor) and they were expecting the game at some point. But said they have absolutely no idea when ZMAN would actually deliver it. I guess there is t much they can do

On the ZMAN site someone asked at the start of January when it was due here and their response was it should be here any day, if it wasn't already. No response since. I've emailed them and Asmodee and have had no response to any emails.

Honestly if this was a company outside of boardgaming i'd probably avoid them due to the absolutely abismal situation/customer service at the moment, but kind of stuck as I reeeeealy want the game. 'We have just been bought by asmodee' is absolutely no excuse IMO.

If you can't tell. I'm very irritated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Z-man have been terrible for a long time. I understand they've gone through a number of transitions and acquisitions; but they seem to have no idea what is going on. It can't be hard to predict. The UK especially seems to get a raw deal when it comes to their distribution model.

It's very disappointing, that such great assets (like the Oniverse) are produced to such high-quality and then not actually manufactured!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Is anyone looking for an English-language copy in the UK (or in Europe)?

I am considering importing an copy from the US, but the cost of shipping is prohibitive. It's cheaper if I import more than one copy.

Is anyone interested in sharing costs with me? Or, at least, expressing an interest such that I know if purchasing two copies from the US is worthwhile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Overton
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in importing a copy with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered a copy from http://www.gameplay.pt/ (see other thread).

I haven't received it yet, but they're very chatty and keen to attract UK purchasers. Shipping was 9,60 euros tracked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any more information or luck in EU/UK?

I've emailed Zman again after their recent social media and website overhaul, but nothing back yet.

I was so tempted by gameplay.pt - I just couldn't justify over £30 no matter how much I want the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.