Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is that the investigator with the highest max Health or the investigator which presently has the most health?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Little
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the investigator with the most remaining health.

This is incorrect as noted below. Was quoting for another Arkham Related game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly disagree. Health is defined in the rules and it does not change. The investigator with the most Health has the highest threshold for taking Damage cards, and this is what they are asking for.

If they meant remaining Health, they would use 'remaining Health'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
I strongly disagree. Health is defined in the rules and it does not change. The investigator with the most Health has the highest threshold for taking Damage cards, and this is what they are asking for.

If they meant remaining Health, they would use 'remaining Health'.

Actually you're right. I had missed that part in the rules:

Quote:
Health and sanity are fixed values. An investigator’s health and
sanity are not reduced when he suffers Damage or Horror.

This, strangely enough, makes it nearly impossible to actually select the character which has the least "remaining health". As health is a fixed value and as such, saying "remaining" health doesn't make any sense.

If you try to say, has suffered the most damage, it doesn't take into account the original health.

So to actually do this, they have to go the long way around and say something like: "The character which can presently take the highest amount of damage without becoming wounded or dying".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct on 'remaining Health' making little sense. I thought about mentioning that too, but it seemed to distract from the real argument. I actually knew full well that the app would never refer to 'remaining Health', so it seemed fine to gloss over it.

It's good it has been mentioned, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.