Subject: FAQ now available in BGG wiki rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now I've done it. I brought up the idea earlier this year, and finally got around to it.

Actually, it's just a start. I've moved over the content from the existing PDF FAQ into the wiki, and cleaned up the organization a bit. (I also added in one question that I know comes up every now and then. See if you can find it!)

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Legendary_Marvel_FAQ

The whole point to moving this is to make it easier to update and maintain. The file that we've used as an FAQ is 3 years overdue for an update. (But much thanks to Jacovis for making it!) With this, we can try to add content as a community. (And hey, this is a great community, am I right?)

If anyone is interested in contributing, here's my gameplan, but I'm open to suggestions.

We have official posts from the following people:
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb

You can search the forum for each game and expansion for posts by the individual username. In the more recent expansions, I'd expect a lot of information to be found in clarifications in the preview threads. We probably have a lot of the information that was given in the Core Set, Dark City, and FF before the release of Paint the Town Red, so you can probably ignore anything before that in those forums (pre-February 2014).

Based on each person's presence, I've marked some of the sets (?) where they weren't in the limelight. They may have answered questions in some of those forums, but I'm guessing it's not as likely. I've put an X in the last couple of sets for Jeff after he left the company.

Game | Brenzor | devinlow | JeffP300 | Mark UD OP
-------------------------------------------------------------
Base Set | | | |
Dark City | | | (?) | (?)
FF | | | (?) | (?)
PtTR | | | (?) | (?)
Villains | | | (?) | (?)
GotG | | | (?) | (?)
Fear Itself | | | (?) | (?)
Secret Wars v1 | | | | (?)
Secret Wars v2 | (?) | (?) | | (?)
Captain America | (?) | (?) | | (?)
Civil War | (?) | (?) | X |
Deadpool | (?) | (?) | X |

Given the amount of traffic in the base set, it may make sense to break it up by subforum and date range if people want to help out.

The goal isn't to copy every post they made, but look for questions that come up multiple times, and clarifications of odd situations and interactions. For schemes, there may be things that aren't immediately apparent from how the text reads. Like in Cap's "Change the Outcome of WWII", what happens multiple enemies escape the same country? Nothing. There's a max of one escape that counts from each country. Jeff clarified that during the previews.

Another thing that was brought up before was the idea of compiling a list of questions (and their links) of questions that we don't have answers for. (I'm looking at you, Rogue, trying to copy Cyclops.)

Does that make sense? Any suggestions? Any takers?

I'll be traveling tomorrow, so I'll have limited access to respond until later in the evening.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see someone pick up the torch Jason! I have not had the time to do much playing, not to mention keep up with keeping a FAQ up to date. Legendary has always relied on its community here to maintain itself, and I'm glad it has all of its members to keep things going!

Great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing work! I'll look at it more closely tomorrow, but I'd be happy to help!

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! Thanks, Jason!

I would recommend just taking the listings of every post made by JeffP300, Mark UD OP, et al. and skip any post that didn't appear in a Rules sub-forum or a "What You're Getting" thread (which, as you wrote, often had some clarifications on previewed keywords). Devin Low's and Jason Brenner's posts are mostly already covered, except for Devin's most recent posts circa SWv1. Jeff and Mark haven't posted that much regarding rules clarifications. Jeff made a number of important clarifications for SWv2 and Cap 75th though.

JeffP300's posts
Mark UD OP's posts
devinlow's posts
Brenzor's posts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated with all of their posts from Secret Wars vol 1.

Edit: And Secret Wars v2, except for Jeff, who has 3 pages of posts in the search results. This will take some time to sort through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason,

In the "tips" section up top, I add a link back to this thread.

Feel free to delete it if its a dumb idea!

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! It took me a few extra steps to track this thread down today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just made a few enhancements (I hope) to the FAQ:

• Added erratum concerning "Scheme Special Solo Rules" formatting mistake in the base set rule book.

• Re-phrased answer to the blank/double-sided cards FAQ to be less of a direct quotation of Brenner's post.

• Clarified answer to "What do I do with [the blank cards]?"

• Renamed "Tips" section to "Introduction". There was really only one tip in that section, so I labeled that one tip as such.

• Added FAQ attribution.

• Made "Who's Who of Sources" a separate subsection of the introduction.

• Linked BGG user names in "Who's Who" section.

• Minor tweaks throughout.

TODO: Still need to go through JeffP300's posts for SWv2 rules clarifications and add them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
TODO: Still need to go through JeffP300's posts for SWv2 rules clarifications and add them.

First pass:

Re: Corvus Glaive - Let None Escape You
Copycat bystander (maybe?)
Re: Sidekick and new recruit question
Re: Upside-down thinking
Re: Master of Tyrants 2 questions (SWv1, but posted during SWv2 era)
Re: What You're Getting - Spoiler Edition (Patrol and a non-existing city space)
Re: What You're Getting - Spoiler Edition (kind of obvious to me, but might be worth including)
Re: Fragmented Reality (SWv1, but posted during SWv2 era)
Re: 2 Uru-Enchanted debates (Fear Itself, but posted during SWv2 era)
Re: What You're Getting - Spoiler Edition (kind of obvious to me, but might be worth including)
Re: Secret Wars Vol 1 - Winning w/ Multiple Masterminds
Re: What You're Getting - Spoiler Edition (Spectrum explanation?)
Re: What You're Getting - Spoiler Edition (obvious?)
Re: Thor question (?)
Re: What You're Getting - Spoiler Edition (Charge explanation?)
Re: Legendary Outlaw (obvious?)
Re: Dark Alliance scheme (this one seems important)
Re: # of Banker Bystanders (how many Special Bystanders do you use)
Re: Include sidekick stack in all base games? / Re: Sidekicks question (include Sidekicks even when not playing with Secret Wars cards)
Re: Wasteland hulk mastermind stop cross dimension rampage?

What about his Cap 75th posts? I seem to recall some useful (W)MOoT clarifications in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More potential FAQ material.... Recent Mark UD OP posts with Noir/Deadpool/Civil War rules clarifications:

Re: Find the split personality scheme – how to shuffle?
Re: What You Will Get - Just the Facts Ma'am (How many cards do you discard when a Villain with multiple Bystanders and/or Hidden Witnesses escape? Too obvious? But it seems to have tripped up a few people.)
Re: Blind Al and Deuce question (copyright year does not count)
Re: Scheme: Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters
Reveal Split Heroes' Secret Identities (3 separate posts in this thread, but especially this one)

There were a few others, but they seemed like just a simple re-stating of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These posts have been added to the FAQ. (I haven't gone through the Cap 75th posts, just what was listed here.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should the clarification on 0 VP on Infinity Gems be considered an erratum?

What about misspellings (e.g., X-23)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gems ruling is already listed under Piercing Energy and the Infinity Gems themselves. I suppose the 0 VP symbol could be considered errata. Any objections or opinions?

I wouldn't worry about a misspelling on a card, lest I be tempted to include a rant about the art on Black Knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.