Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for some fun fantasy dice chuckers, ideally that are also short & cheap, and that can be played with 1-2 players.

Any ideas? I have one deck dungeon coming in soon. I liked Mini Rogue PnP (although a bit simple, unsurprisingly.) I also enjoyed dungeon wood.
And that's literally all I've played.
Bonus points if the dice are non-numerical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
As an aside, unfortunately dungeon roll doesn't look super fun because it's just dice and the hero cards. I would like a bit more than that to look at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a REALLY OFF THE WALL one; Dungeon Fighter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its technically Pirate themed, and its dice and tile laying. But I like it a lot.

Dark Seas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King of Tokyo or King of New York?

KoT is more approachable, but KoNY has a bit more going on, a bit more strategy to it. Both benefit hugely from their corresponding Power Up! expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis McCarthy
United States
Idelwylde
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't much of a fan of Dungeon Roll, either, but I really do have a good time with Dungeon Attack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
Brutilus wrote:
I wasn't much of a fan of Dungeon Roll, either, but I really do have a good time with Dungeon Attack!

laugh love the one review by the kid. Looks like a cute game I'll definitely keep an eye out for that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Dice From 1977. Old school charm without numbers. Think Yahtzee meets School House Rock art with a cool pit for a dice tray in the middle of the board. Not too bad on ebay, but it is not for everyone. I ended up posting additional rules to make things more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played it but I've watched gameplay videos. How about Heroes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Fradette
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Quarriors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zb1035 wrote:
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for some fun fantasy dice chuckers, ideally that are also short & cheap, and that can be played with 1-2 players.

Any ideas? I have one deck dungeon coming in soon. I liked Mini Rogue PnP (although a bit simple, unsurprisingly.) I also enjoyed dungeon wood.

The game you want is Dungeon Dice - the recent (2014?) version.

You get dice for equipment, dice for treasure, dice for monsters, dice for characters. You throw them all, and stuff happens. Lots and lots of non-numerical stuff.

It's not really a game for everyone, to be honest, but it is practically 100% what you are describing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
Heroes looks cool. I have two other competitive card games coming in that I want to see if I like first, although heroes sounds pretty different.
Quarriors looks cool too. Any idea if there's a solo variant l
hestiansun wrote:
zb1035 wrote:
Hey Guys,

You get dice for equipment, dice for treasure, dice for monsters, dice for characters. You throw them all, and stuff happens. Lots and lots of non-numerical stuff.

It's not really a game for everyone, to be honest, but it is practically 100% what you are describing.

This is the first game I looked at and I wanted to pick it up but it looks like it's not in print right now. Think it'll come back or should I just look for a good used copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
zb1035 wrote:

hestiansun wrote:

This is the first game I looked at and I wanted to pick it up but it looks like it's not in print right now. Think it'll come back or should I just look for a good used copy?

Is the game really out of print?

There also seem to be copies for sale directly from the publisher (Potluck Games) if you go to their website, including a small holiday discount:
http://potluckgames.com/products/dungeon-dice-preorder

Otherwise I see one used copy listed at BGG for a reasonable price:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1064297

Not sure how short the game is - seems like it could take longer than you'd expect once multiple people are playing - and it's not cheap. But the "buckets of fantasy dice" requirement is certainly fulfilled. As long as you don't mind a heavy dose of luck the game looks fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
Dur. Apparently I'm not very good at googling stuff. Thanks. Definitely have some higher priority games for that price right now but def gonna add it to the wish list. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Along the with games above, you could try the following:

Dice Quest
A DYI PNP. The rules have been translated and I have posted a lot of material, enough to make a copy I guess. I you are handy you could always make a copy for yourself.

Loot and Scoot
Not a bad little game.

Delve: The Dice Game
A fun and quick little game.

Elder Sign
A challenging fantasy/horror game (leaning more toward horror) with nice dice mechanics. There is a lot of DYI material posted to expand your game without buying any of the production expansions. If you try this one and find it needs more, I highly recommend Elder Sign: Gates of Arkham. Both are relatively cheap. The base game is $30-$35 and the expansion can be picked up for around $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.