Subject: Box (3?) contents, and Milestone Reward question? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Wray
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
So early in the game I got the reward that let me draw an extra card when researching, which I put on my reference card because it seemed the obvious place to do it, covering the near identical text with the upgraded one.

The box which you open by selling 4 of the same good in one turn which unlocks colonies, (which I believe is 3?) comes with new reference cards and tells you to destroy your old ones. Is it intended that I lose this bonus? Was I supposed to put it on my leader card instead? Which would like kind of ugly and out-of-place compared to how neatly it covers up the rules reference bit in question. But losing the ability seems harsh, and not really even thematic or appropriate for the event?

(I've long ago destroyed the milestones so can't remember where "An Island Revealed" made you read to remember if I put it on the correct place or not)

Also the box had two copies of the "Rule 2" sticker. What rules were supposed to be in there, to make sure we didn't miss any?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not my copy so I can't answer the rule sticker question but you should have put it on your leader. At this point I'd suggest just writing "+1" on your reference card or your leader, whichever you like better. Aesthetics aside, your leader is yours. That you happen to keep the same reference card each time is more happenstance. I also wouldn't be surprised if a later box has new ones for some other change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wray
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
It's just, as I said, that the "Research (2 cards)" sticker is the exact same font, color, and size as the "Research (1 card)" bit on the rules card that it's a perfect replacement, and there's absolutely no good place to put it on the leader card. But I hunted down the milestone in question and you appear to be correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Albert
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benhimself wrote:
It's just, as I said, that the "Research (2 cards)" sticker is the exact same font, color, and size as the "Research (1 card)" bit on the rules card that it's a perfect replacement, and there's absolutely no good place to put it on the leader card. But I hunted down the milestone in question and you appear to be correct.

The original design intent was that the sticker was supposed to be put on the reference card. However this was changed sometime close to final production to be on the leader card instead. That's why it matches so well. (The reason why it goes on the leader card instead will become obvious when you've opened the first couple of boxes.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spriggster wrote:
Benhimself wrote:

The original design intent was that the sticker was supposed to be put on the reference card. However this was changed sometime close to final production to be on the leader card instead. That's why it matches so well. (The reason why it goes on the leader card instead will become obvious when you've opened the first couple of boxes.)

It sounds like the reason has already become obvious, based on the original question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.