Subject: Willow's Unique Fight Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Underneath Willow's Special ability, she has a unique Fight ability listed. The icon is the same as the regular Fight icon (including being the standard "Basic Action" purple color). But it's separated from the Basic Actions and listed where you'd normally find a Special action.

So, can this be activated by flipping a Basic token, or do you need to flip the Special token?

To be specific, I'm talking about the "Fight to slay 1 Baddie at your Location (if you have Magic Supplies)" action, not the Special: Witchiness action (which clearly requires the Special action token.)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harbison
msg tools
I've been playing as though it requires the Special action token, partially because it seems OP if you play it the other way. But now that you mention it I'm actually not sure.

I've seen the designer on these threads a few times, hopefully he'll come by to answer this one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakey McBones
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
We played it as a normal Fight action. Don't know if that's correct, but it didn't seem overpowered, since I kept needing to discard the Magic Supplies for other reasons (Witchiness, resolving a plot, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Murch
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hey all,

I'm one of the designers of the game, and can confirm that any instance of a purple action icon is a basic action.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.