Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I love this game and have been playing more lately. We struggled to beat Escape from Dol Guldur and so we decided to to try 3 handed. We have two cores and played 3 mono-sphere decks: lore, leadership, and spirit. We got ahead by getting a northern tracker out early and surviving an early Ungoliant's Spawn with a forest snare.

Here are the victory shots! We use Uber Stax for holding the encounter cards vertically. I made a threat, willpower, and round tracker, and we use an Arwen Evenstar's pendant as a first player marker.

My wife plays leadership and she loves killing things.

After I took the first two pics I realized we forgot to put the last damage tokens on the Nazgul. He is dead now. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Howard
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Noordhoorn
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! Beating this quest with just core set cards is definitely a rite of passage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crixtey
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
congrats! Also, I really like the extra parts you use in your game! especially the holders for the active location and the track for the encounter cards. Something about all those makes it seem more in depth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos for fitting everything on the table, also like the display of the active location, staging area and quest cards.

I also like the fact you caged everyone in the room. No choice but to escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SolarJ wrote:
Kudos for fitting everything on the table, also like the display of the active location, staging area and quest cards.

I also like the fact you caged everyone in the room. No choice but to escape.

HAHAHAHA! NOBODY LEAVES UNTIL WE BEAT THIS DAMN LEVEL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frogfan4 wrote:
congrats! Also, I really like the extra parts you use in your game! especially the holders for the active location and the track for the encounter cards. Something about all those makes it seem more in depth!

Thanks! We wanted a better threat and willpower tracker so I made it with paint pens and black art paper.

Uber stax are awesome. I use them for a bunch of games. We like the feel of the staging area standing up. We just put any tokens at the base of the card on the rack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will McDonald
United States
Harrah
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very awesome.

What's even more nutty is trying to beat this playing Solo. With only one player deck.

But I've seen it happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GirlDaddy wrote:
Very awesome.

What's even more nutty is trying to beat this playing Solo. With only one player deck.

But I've seen it happen!

With only the core set? That would take an amazing draw. I'm pretty sure we can beat it two handed leadership and spirit. But we would need a few early cards to make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.