Legendary: Deadpool» Forums » Rules

Subject: Weasel (Deadpool's "Friends") Ambush/Fight Effect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sophia C.
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Finally had a chance to play the Deadpool expansion tonight! We had a question regarding Weasel's Ambush/Fight effect ("Each player simultaneously passes a card from their hand to the player on their left.) and wanted to make sure we interpreted correctly.

If the player who defeated Weasel did so as the last action in their turn and played all the cards from their hand during their turn, this means they no longer have a hand, correct? (IIRC, cards that have been played are no longer in your hand but in the no man's land between your hand and your discard pile, right?) You also wouldn't draw a new hand until after your turn ended. Thus, that player would not have to pass a card to the player on their left; however, they would receive a card from the player on their right - is that correct? That card then can either be played or discarded (but not saved).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No, you redraw six cards at the end of your turn, which is still during your turn. Now, if the last card play during your turn would have caused a card to be played from the top of the Villain Deck (Emma Frost?) then your conclusion would have followed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with your conclusion. You have no hand at the time you fight him so you can receive but not pass a card. Doesn't matter that you'd later draw a hand before the end of your turn, only what you had when he was fought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember it isn't always a good thing. I played this with my wife, I emptied my hand killed Weasel and she passes me a wound card. Thought I was being smart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophia C.
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
TheUbiquitous wrote:
No, you redraw six cards at the end of your turn, which is still during your turn. Now, if the last card play during your turn would have caused a card to be played from the top of the Villain Deck (Emma Frost?) then your conclusion would have followed.

But Fight effects occur when you fight the villain, not "once you have cards in your hand" or at some later point in your turn. Similar to a villain whose Fight effect says you have to reveal a certain type of hero or gain a wound: you have to have that hero to reveal in that moment - not at some more opportune moment in the future. So, if you play all your cards and defeat Weasel at the end of your turn then you would have no cards in your hand (even if you're right that drawing a new hand is technically considered part of your turn).

I'm also confused why you're saying that a "Draw a villain" card effect would have an impact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophia C.
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
jam37wcc wrote:
Also remember it isn't always a good thing. I played this with my wife, I emptied my hand killed Weasel and she passes me a wound card. Thought I was being smart.

Haha yep! Definitely received a wound last night from my so-called friends
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that you don't have to wait until all cards are played to fight. You can fight at any point in your turn so long as you played cards that generate enough Fight points to do so. In those cases you'll still have cards to give as part of the effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob REUX
United States
San Diego
Ca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what you do when playing solo. Is there then just no effect. Because in villains when you should pass a bindings the rules state you can Ko them instead. Is that just that instance or would that apply here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
REUXROB wrote:
Does anyone know what you do when playing solo. Is there then just no effect. Because in villains when you should pass a bindings the rules state you can Ko them instead. Is that just that instance or would that apply here as well.

You pass a card to yourself. You are the player on your left in a great big circle of one. Same thing for Blackheart's 'the player on your right gains a wound'. In solo you gain it, because you are the player on you're right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And like Ronan's Ambush accusing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.