Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves Baguet
Belgium
antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greeting
Yesterday we played our first game and I think the rules are all very clear but I just have 1 question.

At the end of your final turn do you still need four available workers left?
I planned so bad I couldn't promote any workers because I only had four left, so I was just wondering.

Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baguety wrote:
Greeting
Yesterday we played our first game and I think the rules are all very clear but I just have 1 question.

At the end of your final turn do you still need four available workers left?
I planned so bad I couldn't promote any workers because I only had four left, so I was just wondering.

Great game.

You always need to have 4 workers in your supply+Player board. So if when promoting you have less than 4 workers, you can't promote your worker, badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same issue in my first play last night. I couldn't find any exception to the rule, so sadly I had to forgo a final promotion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yup. Happened in both our games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veronica WYG
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I confirm the rule applies also on the last turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a follow-up question. The rules specifically state that you can't take an action that would reduce your workers below four at the end of YOUR turn.

However, there is at least one deal which allows the promotion of two workers.

A literal reading of the rules would allow a player to use this deal and drop below four workers as long as it's not on their turn.

I'm guessing this is just an oversight in the rules, and that you can't ever go below four workers at the end of anyone's turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veronica WYG
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
Here's a follow-up question. The rules specifically state that you can't take an action that would reduce your workers below four at the end of YOUR turn.

However, there is at least one deal which allows the promotion of two workers.

A literal reading of the rules would allow a player to use this deal and drop below four workers as long as it's not on their turn.

I'm guessing this is just an oversight in the rules, and that you can't ever go below four workers at the end of anyone's turn?

Yes, that's correct.
You can't go below four workers at the end of any turn. Thanks for spotting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.