Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Space Cadets: Away Missions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on gear/weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, just trying to work through the usage restrictions on gear and weapons. I am also including all the items from promo cards.

1. A weapon can be used multiple times in one game turn as long as it is used by only one rocketeer, though it can still be passed to another player.

2. The items that qualify as weapons are:
Air Knife
Atomic Rifle
DDT
Demo Charge
Flame Gun
Proton Blade (Discovery Item)
Ray Gun
Sonic Shotgun
(These are basically items that all have a range symbol)

3. All other items (Rocketeer/Discovery) are gear.

4. Gear can only be used once per Game Turn (except for the personal items Med-Pack, Soft-Focus Lens, Headset, and Tele-Radio, which can be used multiple times per turn by their respective owner).

5. Once the game has started, a player can exceed the 2 large item restriction by passing a large item to another player who already has 2 large items or picking up another large item.

Are these all correct? Want to make sure we played right.

Thanks all.

P.S. -- For future expansions, it would be good to put the words "Weapon" or "Gear" on the cards, not just the size.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This will looks correct. Only weapons have overdrive text and as you pointed out range. But yes having a label or icon for weapon/gear would be helpful.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya - Sotho Blue
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure it's worth going to the expense of re-doing the artwork to change something that hadn't been noticed during the first year+ of retail release. I know it never occurred to me that there was any question over which items were weapons.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it 100% correct. Only the items with hexagonal range icons are weapons.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Regnard
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
MajorOracle wrote:

4. Gear can only be used once per Game Turn (except for the personal items Med-Pack, Soft-Focus Lens, Headset, and Tele-Radio, which can be used multiple times per turn by their respective owner).


I am not sure anymore... it is once per game turn per rocketeer (and then two rocketeers can share and use the same item in a turn), or one per game turn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
juls2 wrote:
I am not sure anymore... it is once per game turn per rocketeer (and then two rocketeers can share and use the same item in a turn), or one per game turn?


From page 14:
Each item can only be used by a single Rocketeer per Game Turn. (For example, if a Rocketeer uses a Ray Gun and then gives it to another Rocketeer in the same tile, the second Rocketeer cannot use the Ray Gun until the next Game Turn).
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Rose
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for looking that up, Caf!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Regnard
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Thank you!
For a moment I thought I played it very wrong from the beginning!
Fortunately on the paper with the important-rules-I-will-probably-forget-about I wrote "use gear: max. one time per turn".

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
juls2 wrote:
I am not sure anymore... it is once per game turn per rocketeer (and then two rocketeers can share and use the same item in a turn), or one per game turn?


From page 14:
Each item can only be used by a single Rocketeer per Game Turn. (For example, if a Rocketeer uses a Ray Gun and then gives it to another Rocketeer in the same tile, the second Rocketeer cannot use the Ray Gun until the next Game Turn).


I hadn't played this game in a while and broke it out last night, remembered reading something about not using a weapon more than once and then couldn't find where I had read that to double-check so was afraid I'd been playing it wrong all along. I do think this rule book needs a little editing, it's not bad - it does include everything I think, but sometimes things are not where you expect them to be. Great game though, always exciting and I've had many epic finishes to it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.