Owais Aziz
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Lead investigator Roland Brooks has the Curse of the Rougarou... and in the continuing campaign (2 scenarios left) he can transform in to this monster when the asset card is drawn.

I'm just wondering if its actually ever worth playing this asset card - I'll lose 1 will power and 1 intellect, and intellect is just not good to lose!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Boon
Netherlands
Berkel en Rodenrijs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own this POD yet, so I had to look it up on ArkhamDB. At first I thought you were talking about
Spoiler (click to reveal)
, but then I saw this card with the title of this post laugh

I think this card can actually be very good in a two player game (or a two-handed solo game, as I tend to do); just make sure your co-investigator is a 'investigating machine'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ovaldo wrote:
My Lead investigator Roland Brooks has the Curse of the Rougarou... and in the continuing campaign (2 scenarios left) he can transform in to this monster when the asset card is drawn.

I'm just wondering if its actually ever worth playing this asset card - I'll lose 1 will power and 1 intellect, and intellect is just not good to lose!?!?

It is not that great for Roland, as he already has 4 strength, access to best weapons and doesn't care much about evading.

It is really a card made for Skids, Jenny and some other Guardians or Survivors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reid666 wrote:
It is really a card made for Skids, Jenny and some other Guardians or Survivors.

I use it for Skids in a Skids/Daisy team, and they're a powerhouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Question... once you put Monstrous Transformation into play, can you ever discard it?
https://arkhamdb.com/card/81030

The RR seems to say NO...
Quote:
When you play an asset, it is placed in your play area. Generally, assets remain in play unless discarded by a card ability or game step.

But you can discard an asset if it takes up a slot and you are replacing it with another asset for that slot.

Still guessing the answer is No, you can't discard it, but want to make sure.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
Question... once you put Monstrous Transformation into play, can you ever discard it?

Not willingly, no.

Interestingly, it seems an intense cold snap can cure someone of being a werewolf in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did the scenario as a side quest at the halfway point of the long Dunwich campaign. I play Jenny and was the lead investigator, and am glad I picked it up! My Jenny deck is a fighting deck with Chicago Typewriters, I use Streetwise to boost my investigating, and my stats don't really get all that messed up from the card. My friends playing Daisy and Zoey are glad they didn't get this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.