Subject: A few basic questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Old Thrashbarg

London
msg tools
mbmb
Hello everyone,

I've just started playing Flick 'em Up. It's great, though as a few people have mentioned the rules aren't absolutely clear in all cases. That's not a problem for me, but it would be good to know how to resolve various little issues. If anyone knows the answer to any of these (or in the absence of an official answer, a good solution), do let me know.

1. Does the game end at the end of round 11 (when you move the clock hand to 12), or do you play round 12?

2. How do you avoid a prone figure blocking the entrance to a building? The rules seem to suggest that you don't, but in several scenarios it feels as if being able to block off buildings for several turns at a time make the objectives very difficult to complete.

3. How does picking up items work (e.g. in scenario) 4? When you reveal a face-down item token do you have to pick it up? If you don't pick it up, does it stay face-up in a stack separate from the face-down tokens? Is there a general rule for where items go when the figure holding them dies? In scenario 2 they go to the undertaker, but I wasn't sure if this was a general rule.

Thanks very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JYM JYM
msg tools
designer
hello

1. play the 12e round

2.shoot the meeple with the puck of movement (stampede) or you shoot him hardly to eject far

3.My English is too bad to understand. Sorry
Can be it help - Extract of rules
If a cowboy loses his last hit point:
• The cowboy figure and his tile are removed from the game. They are placed in his team’s box.
• The objects in possession of that cowboy are placed on the support blocks of the Undertaker’s building.
• The hat of that cowboy is placed on the box space corresponding to that cowboy, so that the faceup color is the same as it
was on that cowboy. This cowboy’s hat will still be used during each round (see below).
• If the dead cowboy had the initiative token, this token is placed on the box space corresponding to the cowboy
who shot the bullet.

Jean Yves Monpertuis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
JYMJYM wrote:

2.shoot the meeple with the puck of movement (stampede) or you shoot him hardly to eject far

Aren't displaced objects reset on a failed movement attempt?

The best method is to move him whilst you attempt the shot, then replace him. OR just shoot him out of the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother and I had a game the other day and we played it that you have to shoot them out of the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaetan Beaujannot
France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
JYMJYM wrote:

Aren't displaced objects reset on a failed movement attempt?

The best method is to move him whilst you attempt the shot, then replace him. OR just shoot him out of the way.

the only solution is to shoot it with bullet. It's a part of the tension of the game : put a cowboy in front of an entrance.

If you use the puck, it's a failed movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Thrashbarg

London
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks very much for the replies everyone.

I see the logic of having to shoot away the cowboy blocking a building, and I suppose that's what's implied by the rules as they stand. The problem of course is that precisely because the cowboy is standing in front of the building he's difficult to displace. It's a bit of an issue because a couple of rounds of successfully blocking an entrance could likely prevent the opposing player from being able to complete his objective.

Is blocking entrances a fairly standard tactic then? Or are there good ways of combating it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldthrashbarg wrote:
Is blocking entrances a fairly standard tactic then? Or or there good ways of combating it?

Shoot through the rear of the building?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Thrashbarg

London
msg tools
mbmb
zombiegod wrote:
oldthrashbarg wrote:
Is blocking entrances a fairly standard tactic then? Or or there good ways of combating it?

Shoot through the rear of the building?

Yes, that makes sense, I suppose, if you can get someone in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got to stand the prone cowboy up at some point during that round. Over time a sitting duck in front of an entrance isn't going to fare too well for long.

And to clarify, you can shoot from inside the building if you've entered, or you could fire from behind 'through' the building if you can move a cowboy around the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JYM JYM
msg tools
designer
rules P7

Shooting from inside a building
It is also possible for a cowboy inside a building to shoot. To do so, the player places the bullet behind the building and aims it
at the door (between the 2 support blocks) of the building. All rules regarding the shoot action apply in the same manner as
described above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Rieberghs
Belgium
Turnhout
-- Maak uw keuze --
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook p6

If a building's entrance becomes blocked by an object, that object may be moved to one side or the other to permit entry into the building
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
dirkske wrote:
Rulebook p6

If a building's entrance becomes blocked by an object, that object may be moved to one side or the other to permit entry into the building

Object - Yes.
Cowboy - No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AntandBeeandtheABC wrote:
dirkske wrote:
Rulebook p6

Object - Yes.
Cowboy - No.

Are Cowboys considered objects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.