3 Posts

Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ?» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jihadibot stuck in a loop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Nierensieb
Germany
flag msg tools
Could someone please confirm I am playing this right.
So, the game state is as shown on the attached picture. It is the beginning of deck 2 of a campaign game.
All cells are in IR Afghanistan. That makes most Jihadi events and US events go to the flowchart which will always end in travel (since there are no cells available and funding is ample. Travel target will be a good muslim country, since there are no targets with any cells (thus cells > TandM can never happen). None of these targets are adjacent to Afghanistan, so travel will always test against 1. Then it will fail, the cell(s) will go back to the track. Next card they will be recruited back into Afghanistan. And the loop begins.

Even if some cells would make it to Saudi Arabia or Gulf states, they would try a minor jihad next (probably fail the test against 1) and return to the recruit-travel-loop, which has now been going on for several turns. The only way out seems to be for the bot to get extremely lucky by succeeding in travel and subsequent minor jihad rolls against 1 in the same turn.

It this intended bot behavior or am I playing it wrong? As a human player I would mass march into Pakistan and try to set up a major jihad situation here. Or recruit in another country like Iraq. I know I am free to do this but I wonder why the bot doesn't. Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think you're stuck in that loop for a while, i.e., until an event changes something on the board or the flowchart leads the bot to perform Radicalization (which, among other things, if there are some available Cells would try to Recruit in a Muslim country with a Cadre and also Travel to US).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Nierensieb
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for your help. I finished the game and the Awakening-deck somehow got the bot out of the loop. Don't remember how exactly, however.
It was a moot point anyway since I got to 12 good resources in the second turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.