Lewis & Clark» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solo variant (originally posted as a reply to another thread) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chopper Webb
msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I noticed that the quest to create a solo variant to end all solo variants was still ongoing and thought I would repost one of my earlier replies, in case those whom are interested missed it. If you've already read this, I can only apologise.

Divide the Encountered Character cards into two piles. Use one for the character track as normal and use the other for the dummy player

> On the dummy player's turn draw a card and place it face up in its area.

> Firstly, look at the card's symbol and count the number that match in the encountered character track - move the DP that many spaces forward. Therefore, if there aren't any that match this card, it doesn't move.

> Secondly, if there are any cards that also show an identical number AND symbol, discard the lowest on the track (as if it's been claimed by another player).

>Thirdly, place the DP's camp marker on the first Native American camp location in a clockwise direction from the newcomer space, that contains a corresponding symbol.

> The space marked by the camp marker limits the player in two ways:
- spaces which allow only a limited number of Indians to visit, cannot be used this turn (as if it has been occupied by other players).
- Indians on these spaces remain in place instead of being moved to the 'pow-wow' area and, therefore, cannot be claimed by the interpreter (as if they've been claimed by another player).

> The next turn a card is drawn, the camp marker is moved clockwise to the next corresponding symbol.

> The symbols and actions in the DP play area are also used for resource production (instead of those on the camp)' and shaman camp action respectively, as per the multiplayer rules.

> Because the symbols and card strengths are visible on the back, you are able to anticipate what will happen on the DP's turn and plan accordingly.

> When the player sets up camp, remove all the cards and start again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.