Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm actually playing the 3A scenario, and a few questions are raising.
The ennemies start blocked between two portculisses. A cultist is near the levers, but nowhere in the rules is it said they can activate them.

How do I determine which path is the closest to the heroes?
I use those rules but I'm not sure they are "legit":

1-First, I only look at unblocked paths (I consider doors as 1 Mouvement Point for cultists, and blocked for insectoïds).
2-If there is none, I choose a path for its length, not taking account of doors/portculisses.
3-I make all ennemies attack portculisses and doors when possible.

1.1) Do I play well? Or should the ennemies stay still, when there's no open path for them?
A: No, enemies are not still. They see a way through (closed) portcullis, too. It just means that portcullis must first be broken. Do keep in mind that you CAN aid a portcullis (or door), too.

1.1) Ok, if an Insectoïd ennemy must move to the closest hero (LoS doesn't matter). Here's a case: a héro is at 3 move points behind a portculis. Another hero (or the same) may be reached by an other way without portculis, but is then at 12 move points. Which path does it take?
A: Unblocked paths first.

2) I'm sure the Insectoïds attack doors/portculisses when they are in reach. But do the cultists attack portculisses? It seems a little strange.
A: Sure they do (...)

3) Do cultists really block insetoïds? The "trample" special rule doesn't seem to allow Chi'leen to move past cultists.

A: I don't know where did you get this idea. The rulebook says somewhat clearly that all large enemies (only Chi'leen and demon with PM:AR) do trample any small enemies.

4) When I try to find the closest hero, do I take into account the other miniatures (cultists at range 3 that won't move for example) to consider the path is blocked?
A: Sure you need to see what route is actually reachable. Move the enemy toward the closest hero, using the shortest path. The closest hero is the hero that the enemy can reach by spending the least @AP@, moving around any obstacles or terrain in the way. (see rulebook, page 28)

5) Can we fight through portculisses?
A: Yes, you can.

6) Same goes for the slits: can Neshilim fight through them?
A: Yes, when adjacent to the slit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
Hello,

I'm actually playing the 3A scenario, and a few questions are raising.
The ennemies start blocked between two portculisses. A cultist is near the levers, but nowhere in the rules is it said they can activate them.

How do I determine which path is the closest to the heroes?
I use those rules but I'm not sure they are "legit":

1-First, I only look at open paths (I consider doors as open for cultists, not for insectoïds)
2-Then, I look at paths, not taking account of doors/portculisses.
3-I make all ennemies attack portculisses and doors to try to reach the heroes.

-->Do I play well? Or should the ennemies stay still, when there's no open path for them?

No, enemies are not still. They see a way through (closed) portcullis, too. It just means that portcullis must first be broken. Do keep in mind that you CAN aid a portcullis (or door), too.

Quote:

-->I'm sure the Insectoïds attack doors/portculisses when they are in reach. But do the cultists attack portculisses? It seems a little strange.

Sure they do, but in reality it's a rarer occasion that it would actually matter, though in our familys recent game of 3A a guard broke portcullis that a Chi'leen had tried to break (and failed)...

Quote:

-->Do cultists really block insetoïds? The "trample" special rule doesn't seem to allow Chi'leen to move past cultists.

I don't know where did you get this idea. The rulebook says somewhat clearly that all large enemies (only Chi'leen and demon with PM:AR) do trample any small enemies.

Quote:

-->When I try to find the closest hero, do I take into account the other miniatures (cultists at range 3 that won't move for example) to consider the path is blocked?

I think you need to read the p.28 movement priorities again

Sure you need to see what route is actually reachable. Move the enemy toward the closest hero, using the shortest path. The closest hero is the hero that the enemy can reach by spending the least @AP@, moving around any obstacles or terrain in the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the fast answer!
Eridis wrote:

No, enemies are not still. They see a way through (closed) portcullis, too. It just means that portcullis must first be broken. Do keep in mind that you CAN aid a portcullis (or door), too.

I never thought about aiding a portculis! That may help next time.

-->Ok, if an Insectoïd ennemy must move to the closest hero (LoS doesn't matter). Here's a case: a héro is at 3 move points behind a portculis. Another hero (or the same) may be reached by an other way without portculis, but is then at 12 move points. Which path does it take?

Quote:
I don't know where did you get this idea. The rulebook says somewhat clearly that all large enemies (only Chi'leen and demon with PM:AR) do trample any small enemies.

My bad!

5-->Can we fight through portculisses? I'm not sure about that. They don't block LoS, but I didn't find if we can fight. I played until now that ranged heroes and ennemies can fight through it, but melee can't.

6-->Same goes for the slits: can Neshilim fight through them?

By the way, I got crushed during the mission. My first group did well (Bastian and Neshilim), killing some ennemies with the help of Elisa, from the other group, teleporting like mad in the dungeon and fireballing the smaller insects. But then, Simma tried to go help Niffil, stucked while he was looting treasures. And then they were cornered between chi'leen everywhere. I should have left this coward Niffil behind and resurect him another day...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruymán
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
--> Unblocked paths first.

5-> Yes, you can.

6-> Yes, when adjacent to the slit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, I update with the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.