Subject: Reasons to buy a second dark side starter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Kopacz
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get that you might buy a second light side starter so you can get a second Finn die but is there any reason to get a second dark side starter???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
extra Storm Trooper,Tie Fighter,Immobilize, Infantry Gernade helps build better decks faster, might be a waste in the long run as you will get these in boosters

only way to get a 2nd set of F110D rifles/light sabers so you can build 2 decks using 2 at the same time

only way to get a 2nd copy of mind probe --- this is the main reason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of good cards in starters (for a reasonable cost and, of course no randomness) if you want to keep multiple decks on-hand/built at one time for yourself or if you're providing decks for friends to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Borgh
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Crikrunner wrote:
extra Storm Trooper,Tie Fighter,Immobilize, Infantry Gernade helps build better decks faster, might be a waste in the long run as you will get these in boosters

only way to get a 2nd set of F110D rifles/light sabers so you can build 2 decks using 2 at the same time

only way to get a 2nd copy of mind probe --- this is the main reason

In order of likelihood

1. Mind Probe - The only way to get a second copy without buying a single (usually for $10-12 on its own)

2. FO Trooper - If you want to run 3-4 troopers in a deck, chances of pulling 2 and especially 3 more from boxes is low. Combining that with 1 (and 3) makes this a better deal.

3. F110D is a great card in many scenarios.. you DO end up with 2 copies between both starters.. but yeah if you want two complete decks, and already bought a second Rey starter.. then a second Kylo one will give you two playable sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinfield
msg tools
Mind Probe (and Finn/Force Throw for Rey) are the primary reason to buy a second starter.

Some of the other cards can be useful, but can either be pulled from packs or you'll have a playset from buying both starters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting it mainly because I won't be buying boosters and having starter decks around could be useful. Ultimate I'm going to just combine decks with a few singles I already bought (Nightsisters and Padawans).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.