• [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The guys I played with enjoyed it quite a bit. We have now moved back into our war-game phase in the SoP of life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Engilis
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardTogether wrote:
Or just not what people were expecting?

I suspect that some would tell you that what they were expecting was a good game. I bought the game, haven't played it yet, caught Marnaudo's video and stuffed the game in my closet (not where I keep games I play). Then I watched a video of the game being played between a father and daughter and brought the game back out to be played someday soon. In the end I think it is more a matter of personal taste because father and daughter seem to be enjoying themselves and I think I might too. Here is the video I was referring to ...

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/112045/merchants-marauders-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Kythrid wrote:
BoardTogether wrote:
Or just not what people were expecting?

I suspect that some would tell you that what they were expecting was a good game. I bought the game, haven't played it yet, caught Marnaudo's video and stuffed the game in my closet (not where I keep games I play). Then I watched a video of the game being played between a father and daughter and brought the game back out to be played someday soon. In the end I think it is more a matter of personal taste because father and daughter seem to be enjoying themselves and I think I might too. Here is the video I was referring to ...

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/112045/merchants-marauders-b...

I meant are people expecting a different type of game or something.. Thanks for the feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
Definitely not enough comments/ratings on the game to draw any kind of consensus. It only has 47 ratings on BGG the majority of which are 7/8, which is not indicative of a bad game at all (even given the small population) so I am not sure why the title of this post is as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Guillyberto wrote:
Definitely not enough comments/ratings on the game to draw any kind of consensus. It only has 47 ratings on BGG the majority of which are 7/8, which is not indicative of a bad game at all (even given the small population) so I am not sure why the title of this post is as such.

because the couple of reviews posted here say its garbage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pretty excited about a 2 player game in the M&M world,......

In the end for me; it was just as the video review above: you could get really lucky early and blow out a whole section of a ship with one shot,... But as the game drags on (and I do mean drags!), it gets harder and harder to do well,..... And you finally get to a point where you're just hoping that one of you will,get the one card needed to finish the other one off. You don't even care if you win,... You just want it to be over.

I sunk full MSRP into this at GenCon, and couldn't sell it until I dropped the price to thrift store levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.