Popular Tags: [View All]
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I choose to enter a room and encounter the monster. I roll my Dice and cover some of the boxes but not all of them. I suffer the consequences of the uncovered boxes. What happens next? Do I gather all my non-discarded dice, roll again and try to cover more boxes? Does the combat just end? Or does it count as fleeing if I leave at this point? If I leave, do my dice stay placed on the monster (locking them in place but giving me a head start the next time I try to face it?) Or do my dice come off? I can't find anything outside of boss battles that addresses multiple rounds of combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you suffer the consequences of the combat you get the card and can add it to your tableau.

From page 8 of the version 1.1 rules.

"After fighting, each unfilled box will cause you to suffer consequences. If you survive, you’ll claim loot!"

and later on page 10...

"Even if you suffered consequences from fighting, though, you still defeat the enemy and will claim loot as long as you survived."

and on page 11 in the section on claiming loot.

"After surviving an encounter, one hero claims the card as loot: either
as XP, an Item, a Skill, or a Potion."

The key is that you survived the encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
tylergingrich wrote:
Once you suffer the consequences of the combat you get the card and can add it to your tableau.

Yep, once you encounter a card, you get to keep it whether your successful or not, unless the card's special ability states otherwise. For example, I think you only collect the beetle if you can cover all of the shield icons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
Yep, once you encounter a card, you get to keep it whether your successful or not, unless the card's special ability states otherwise. For example, I think you only collect the beetle if you can cover all of the shield icons.

Hey, how about that?! I've been playing the beetle as having to cover all the boxes. Good to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.