17 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving out of hidden base while empire space units present? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

As a quite experienced SW Rebellion player I came across a situation that I am now not sure off.

I as Rebel had hidden base om Endor. With many units.
Empire used soontir fells action card to get Some ties to Endor.
Hidden base did not get Discovered.

Then Rebel has his first turn (me): I activated Bespin and moved space ships out of hidden base to Bespin. Reason: it was hidden so it was not a real move from Endor as otherwise we would have had battle on Endor. Now I fought at Bespin.

What do you think? Was this a legal move?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. No problems there. No reason you had to fight his ties in Endor first. Your ships were never in that system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeffrey james
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
if the empire player was paying attention, he/she would have noticed the move and become aware that the hidden base was in an adjacent system to Bespin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
jeff3316 wrote:
if the empire player was paying attention, he/she would have noticed the move and become aware that the hidden base was in an adjacent system to Bespin.

Or Bespin itself. You can move from the rebel base to the system that the Rebel Base is located.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, why did you reveal yourself like this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

He knew I was at either Hoth or Endor. And by attacking him I destroyed his fleet and he would have zero chance at winning. And Incoukd get another objective because I attacked. He could not afford to send a leader (which he did) and ran out of time. If he didnt send a leader it would be a massacre. Since he did send one, he still lost. Rebels had 5 black and 5 red dice against a bit less empire dice.
His two death stars and other star destroyers were in all other corners.
Besides, if I let him attack me I would win the space and ground. I had many units including 2 Mon Calamari cruisers and 3 shield generators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Incidentally, which part of the action were you worried about being incorrect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:

Moving out of the hidden base (on Endor) to Bespin while there where Tie Fighters at Endor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

If the empire is about to attack your base this turn it's almost always better to attack them before they get a chance to attack you. They can't use a leader if they want to take your base and you get attacker advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Arontje wrote:
I had many units including 2 Mon Calamari cruisers and 3 shield generators.

holy shit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Arontje wrote:
Clipper wrote:

Moving out of the hidden base (on Endor) to Bespin while there where Tie Fighters at Endor.

As a side note, the opposite in this situation is possible as well: moving from Bespin to a hidden base on Endor.

No retreating (ever) into hidden base, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arontje wrote:
Clipper wrote:

That's absolutely fine. Until revealed, the Rebel Base Space and the system where it is are treated separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
Arontje wrote:
Clipper wrote:

That's absolutely fine. Until revealed, the Rebel Base Space and the system where it is are treated separately.

Yes, that was the argument. Glad we played correctly.

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
Arontje wrote:
Clipper wrote:

Technically, they are treated separately even when the base is revealed. Base space has its own icons which can still be used to build even while the base is revealed unless the system it's in has imperial units or loyalty...even if there is a sabotage marker in the system. You can't deploy units to a revealed base, and any text that references the revealed base space is considered to reference the base system instead, but other than those rules, the base space and the base system are still separate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thats why i thought we played correctly. Just was not 100% sure but now I am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arontje wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

He knew I was at either Hoth or Endor. And by attacking him I destroyed his fleet and he would have zero chance at winning. And Incoukd get another objective because I attacked. He could not afford to send a leader (which he did) and ran out of time. If he didnt send a leader it would be a massacre. Since he did send one, he still lost. Rebels had 5 black and 5 red dice against a bit less empire dice.
His two death stars and other star destroyers were in all other corners.
Besides, if I let him attack me I would win the space and ground. I had many units including 2 Mon Calamari cruisers and 3 shield generators.

So just to make sure, you did not reveal the base, you just moved out?

The Empire had a big fleet on Bespin (with at least some ground troops)?
If so, the Imperial player should have retreated after the first round of combat, since he had units above Endor (and there were no visible Rebel units) this is legal (you said he sent a leader to defend his fleet).

The counter to this would have been to fully retreat yourself at the end of the first combat round...you would not be able to go to Endor, but perhaps you could go to Hoth, and attack him again on another turn.
Basically this proved to be very risky, but it sounds like it turned out for the best.

Edit:
p.s:
sorry for the really late response, it just seemed like an interesting situation to comment on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes correct. I would retreat after first round but his star Destroyer was already down so no need.

If I could nor or not wanted to retreat he could have retreated to Endor indeed, with ground forces. But In that game I would have won that too. Was a good rebel game

Once you play more and more the game gets deeper in tactics and strategy. Especially if the opponent is also experienced and keep you on the edge of your Seat. (Yes you mengini!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.