Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I brought my copy of this game last night to my local Meetup and played it with two other experienced gamers who had never heard of Brew Crafters. The funny thing is that they both hate beer (whuh?), so were not too enthused when I explained the theme. But they were looking for a game to play and accepted my invite

Flash forward to the end of the game (I came in last, BTW)... they both loved it and wanted to know more! They both wanted to buy a copy and commented how it would replace several other games they have on their shelf.

We were playing at the local game store so one of the players immediately asked the store if they had a copy for sale, and they did! Though she balked a little at the $60 store price, she said she'll buy it when she gets a store coupon. But she still hates beer.

FWIW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool story. I think gamers can often look past the theme to see the game that's there. You know, I don't care anything about farming but love Agricola and Caverna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

I brought my copy of this game last night to my local Meetup and played it with two other experienced gamers who had never heard of Brew Crafters. The funny thing is that they both hate beer (whuh?), so were not too enthused when I explained the theme. But they were looking for a game to play and accepted my invite

Flash forward to the end of the game (I came in last, BTW)... they both loved it and wanted to know more! They both wanted to buy a copy and commented how it would replace several other games they have on their shelf.

We were playing at the local game store so one of the players immediately asked the store if they had a copy for sale, and they did! Though she balked a little at the $60 store price, she said she'll buy it when she gets a store coupon. But she still hates beer.

FWIW.

Thanks for sharing the game! I'm glad they enjoyed it so much they considered buying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.