8 Posts

Coup: Rebellion G54» Forums » General

Subject: Online Manual? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
Is there somewhere that I can go to download this games manual/rules sheet?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for the original edition (Guatemala 1954) are here on BGG in a multi-lingual PDF. I don't think the rules for the IB&C version are officially available anywhere online. I know for a fact that in the past the owner was paranoid about publishing rules for The Resistance online because he felt the game would be too easy for someone to make on their own. I don't know if that's still his motivation, but historically they've been pretty poor about putting rules online. And their website is woefully out of date anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
Thank you! A site rules question then: Would it be a bad idea to scan my rules sheet and upload it to the files section for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it is allowed without the permission of the publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the ONLY publisher that is afraid of digital game theft, despite Coup being one of the most successful games of recent years.

I have digital versions of all rulebooks of all of my games and this one has been the only one I had to scan for personal use. It's sad that they don't release rulebooks, especially since it's a game that you learn once and rarely have to check rulebook for in the future plays anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the real shame is that The Resistance was originally a free game you played with a deck of cards, and there were a number of P&P versions of it as well. Then IB&C picked it up and all that stuff disappeared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfkin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
This is the ONLY publisher that is afraid of digital game theft, despite Coup being one of the most successful games of recent years.

I have digital versions of all rulebooks of all of my games and this one has been the only one I had to scan for personal use. It's sad that they don't release rulebooks, especially since it's a game that you learn once and rarely have to check rulebook for in the future plays anyway.

I find it frustrating especially with the Kickstarter exclusive instruction add on sheets. They're like one page sheets and if you lose them that's it. :sigh:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.