Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the base game several times, with different ships (A, B, etc). So far, I like the game less than the others in the Oniverse, but I haven't played with any of the expansions yet (whereas I have with the other games in the Oniverse).

Which of the expansions is your "must include" when you play Nautilion? Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is possible to include them all without too much difficulty and that is probably my favourite option overall. However when utilising more difficult ships, it can be challenge enough with just one or two expansions.

In rough order preference I'd go:

Darkhouse - To actually witness the enemy machinations and feel better about stopping them.
Mercenaries - To make an event of meeting the phantom submarine
Reefs - To give flavour to the seas
Mages - Because re-rolls and optional crew discards are awesome
Heroic actions - Because it feels so wrong losing crew for actions that don't always feel worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is no where to be seen here in europe atleast not the english version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolverine1977 wrote:

Still waiting on a copy here too in the US.... So I'd LOVE to tell you about my favorite....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SolarJ wrote:
...when utilising more difficult ships, it can be challenge enough with just one or two expansions.

It's true, the only time I lost playing the base game was when I started using the "B" ship and all the 5's were nowhere to be seen for the first half of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
wolverine1977 wrote:

Still waiting on a copy here too in the US.... So I'd LOVE to tell you about my favorite....

Sorry to rub it in, but I've had my copy for a couple weeks now. I'm a big fan of the Oniverse, so this was an insta-buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nolto wrote:
SolarJ wrote:
...when utilising more difficult ships, it can be challenge enough with just one or two expansions.

It's true, the only time I lost playing the base game was when I started using the "B" ship and all the 5's were nowhere to be seen for the first half of the game.

You can pay 2 reserve tokens to swap 2 crew tokens on the path and thus get the 5-crewman you needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
You can pay 2 reserve tokens to swap 2 crew tokens on the path and thus get the 5-crewman you needed.

Yes, I know. But, starting the game with 2 less crew tokens is not ideal either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Beguhl
msg tools
I think all the expansions really make the game fun and challenging. I almost always play with the Reefs and one of the card expansions, especially the Heroic cards. Because you have to give up crew tokens to play those cards, you actually have to acquire 12 tokens to win the game. That in of itself is quite an accomplishment.

Plus I enjoy the unpredictability of the dice. You just never know what will happen next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.