Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering on which expansions are considered 'deluxe'. So far I am aware of three:

Serpentmen of Jargono
Scafford Gang
Void Masters

Expansion s
Currently, I have Serpentmen and Slugs for the Swamps (awaiting a Raptor), and Guardian, Custodians, and Trun Hunters for Targa. My next general purchase will be a Darkstone Hydra for an alternate XL for the mines. Any recommendations for next? (Besides 'All of Them!')
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Masters of the Void slows the game down a bit because the monsters do interesting things rather than just mob-rush you. So yea, fun.

I just got Scafford Gang. Haven't played it yet, but it appears to just be a harder version of the outlaws that came with Frontier Town. (It was actually low on my list, but it was a gift so I'm still happy.)

Serpentmen of Jargono are next on my list, so if you get it I'd like to hear your impression.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Void Stalker and Undead gunslinger are deluxe expansions, but they didn't reach retail yet.

The Lost Legion, Vampires, Succubi and Werewolves might be a step above deluxe, but we don't have enough information about them right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grauenwolf wrote:
Masters of the Void slows the game down a bit because the monsters do interesting things rather than just mob-rush you. So yea, fun.

I just got Scafford Gang. Haven't played it yet, but it appears to just be a harder version of the outlaws that came with Frontier Town. (It was actually low on my list, but it was a gift so I'm still happy.)

Serpentmen of Jargono are next on my list, so if you get it I'd like to hear your impression.

I actually have Serpentmen. Very new to SOB, but they look like a lot of fun. Lots of poison counters (multi-poison hits), and their shaman (and Grand Shaman) get random spells and trinkets to boost their magic. There are different clans of them, leading to another possible multi-purchase. The sculpts are very nice, 2x 3ea for troops, and a Shaman. The Grand Shaman has a token, but I upgraded to the resin version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
Void Stalker and Undead gunslinger are deluxe expansions, but they didn't reach retail yet.

The Lost Legion, Vampires, Succubi and Werewolves might be a step above deluxe, but we don't have enough information about them right now.

For 'Void Stalkers' are you referring to 'Masters of the Void' ? If so, that is indeed available at retail, at least in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Stealth7 wrote:
Coiote wrote:

For 'Void Stalkers' are you referring to 'Masters of the Void' ? If so, that is indeed available at retail, at least in the US.

Thanks for pointing this out. Void stalker was a mistake. The correct name is Flesh Stalker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Deluxe packs I've seen so far, up through GenCon release of the Kickstarter:

Masters of the Void (Void Sorcerer and Void Hounds)
Scafford Gang (plus Colonel Scafford)
Undead Outlaws (with the Undead Gunslinger)
Serpentmen of Jargono (with the Serpentmen Shaman)
Flesh Stalker (with the Flesh Drones)
Beli'al

The Deluxe packs have the monsters, two missions, and various themed equipment, gear, encounters, etc.

The Mission Packs due in Wave 2 (Vampires, Werewolves, Lost Army, Succubi, Black Fang, and Crimson Hand) will have Adventure Cards (like the Badlands set), a bonus map tile, and, from what I learned at the 1.5 release party, the plans at that time were to also have more than just two missions along with variants for all the monsters to assure they don't feel the same when you fight them over and over for a whole mission. So yeah, the Mission Pack monsters are a step above a "deluxe" pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
The little hat that's supposed to go on the prospector zombies is actually quite fetching on a lizardman. Jethro is my favourite monster in the whole set- I'll post a pic once I get him painted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.