Subject: Tabletop Simulator Mod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

If you have Tabletop Simulator and HP Hogwarts Battle, then feel free to download my mod from here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=827157...

I've made use of many scripts and would appreciate any feedback that you have.

Regards,
Darth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying this single player.

One thing I notice immediately is that the players are supposed to see each others cards/hands. I cannot even see the first player's hand when they are active.

I'm probably missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, figured out that (game setting).

Is there a way to view all of the heroes face up, instead of two of them upside down?

s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Each player can see their own hands. So if you change to Red player, for example, you will see Red player's hands.

If you want to see all hands (best when playing multiple characters or single player, then you need to reveal hands. To do this, you can click on Game Options -> Hands. From that menu you can disable Hand Hiding.

Why do you say that your hands are common knowledge? I can't see anything in the rules to suggest that you can see each other's hands? If it is an actual rule, I'll just make that the default, but I can't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The set-up portion of the rules mentions that there is no need to hide your hands and has them shown as being placed underneath your health tracking card.
I would quote pages, but I don't have a rulebook handy atm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SwampMonster wrote:
The set-up portion of the rules mentions that there is no need to hide your hands and has them shown as being placed underneath your health tracking card.
I would quote pages, but I don't have a rulebook handy atm.

I've read through the whole rulebook again (thankfully it isn't that big), and I can't find any mention of there being no point of hiding your hands. I might be missing it, but I've looked and looked and can't find it.

I don't think the book is showing that your hands need to go below your health tracking card. I think that is just a graphic interpretation of cards in your hand as when it shows the cards below the health tracker in the rulebook it is to show an example of cards in your hand and how they would affect the game when played.

The rules make multiple references to playing cards from your hand and drawing cards to your hands. I definitely think that this is to indicate the players do have hands of cards. As there is nothing in the rules to suggest that you should play with your hands revealed, I'm going to leave the default that your hands are hidden (as this is the way I think the game is intended to be played).

If you want revealed hands, however, it is very easy to change that using the way I showed above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea where I thought I saw that you didn't need to.worry about hiding your hand. Maybe it was on a forum or reddit and my brain just assumed it was in the rules.

To be fair there really isn't assumed need to hide your hand. It is assumed co-op game and nothing says you couldn't tell your friends what cards are in your hand anyways.

I will admit that I was mistaken and I can see that my interpretation of the visuals was not the same as yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a number of effects in the game that begin to break down if players can keep their hands hidden. For example:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Weasley twins look for other Weasley family members in other players’s hands, and the Educational Decree Dark Arts card asks the active player to lose 1 health for every card in their hand with a cost of 4 or more. The former is useless if other players decide to obfuscate whether they have another Weasley, and the latter can be cheated around if you refuse to show everyone whether you have the “offending” cards in hand.

Neither case absolutely destroys the gameplay, but there’s not really strategic reason a player in this kind of co-op game should try to hide information from the other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sad it is removed now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.