4 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Once per round" and "on your turn" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Robledo
msg tools
I´ve searched a lot but havent found a concrete answer for this

A lot of equipment and character abilities state "once per round" and it seems most people seem to be treating it as "once per round" also means "on your turn", but a lot of cards specifically state "during your turn", "at the start of your turn" or "at the end of your turn", which makes me think that, unless staten otherwise, "once por round" means you can use those abilities even if is not your turn

A couple of examples, last night we had 3 characters whom abilites only said "once per round", one could cure a wound token with someone who shared location, one could turn a barricade into an explosive trap, and one could role a dice whenever the colony was going to lose morale, so, if we were playing correct, we could use all these abilities even if it wasnt our turn, as long as the ability is only used once per round, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good question. Wish I had a good answer lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Ben Fonseca
Brazil
flag msg tools
I have the same doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
akron2k wrote:
I´ve searched a lot but havent found a concrete answer for this

A lot of equipment and character abilities state "once per round" and it seems most people seem to be treating it as "once per round" also means "on your turn", but a lot of cards specifically state "during your turn", "at the start of your turn" or "at the end of your turn", which makes me think that, unless staten otherwise, "once por round" means you can use those abilities even if is not your turn

A couple of examples, last night we had 3 characters whom abilites only said "once per round", one could cure a wound token with someone who shared location, one could turn a barricade into an explosive trap, and one could role a dice whenever the colony was going to lose morale, so, if we were playing correct, we could use all these abilities even if it wasnt our turn, as long as the ability is only used once per round, correct?

The way you've put the case it seems clear that you can use those abilities off turn. Why not? Does something lese break if you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.