Hide
2 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cryo Super Flare clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry Potter
msg tools
Cryo's Super Flare states: "When storing a card, you may swap it for a card in storage instead of drawing a card from the deck. In addition, you may discard your hand to take your cards in storage as a new hand regardless of how many cards you have stores."

If you discard your hand to take your cards in storage then do you discard your own flare card too?

Your flare card is part of your hand...so I would think you do discard it. However, I would have thought that the text on the flare would make it clear if you did have to discard your own flare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you keep the flare. Flares are not "in your hand" while they are resolving, so the whole hand swap happens while the flare is out on the table. Once the dust has settled and the effect is fully resolved, then you pick up the card and return it to your (new) hand.

(Same thing happens with a variety of other hand-modifying flares.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.