John Teer
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A while ago I came up with a 2-player variant for Viticulture giving players the chance to use bonus actions. I had loosely based the variant on Morten Monrad Pedersen's Automa rules for the game. He reached out and said he liked the idea. Recently I contacted Jamey Stegmaier and he responded back that he liked it as well and encouraged others to give it a try in the link below. This thread also includes the rules for the variant.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22746896#22746896

Any feedback would be appreciated and hope you enjoy the variant. Thanks for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a lot of 2-player with my wife so we're definitely interested in trying this variant. I love making use of those bonuses in games with 3+ so it sounds like a great idea!

Do you recommend we use it only with V:EE or did you use it with Tuscany:EE also?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Teer
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Hope you like it. I don't own Tuscany but I'm assuming it would work since it uses the Automa system also. I do think the bonus actions are such a great part of the game and hopefully now you can enjoy then at the 2-player count. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charleaux wrote:
I play a lot of 2-player with my wife so we're definitely interested in trying this variant. I love making use of those bonuses in games with 3+ so it sounds like a great idea!

Do you recommend we use it only with V:EE or did you use it with Tuscany:EE also?

The Tuscany board actually moved some of the bonuses to the 2 player spots so I'm not sure if it would work as well in that sense. It feels like it would be more special as a V:EE variant.

I wonder if my girlfriend would be into trying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:

The Tuscany board actually moved some of the bonuses to the 2 player spots so I'm not sure if it would work as well in that sense. It feels like it would be more special as a V:EE variant.

You are right. I'll try it just using the base game and see what we think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.