United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if an early iteration of Hit Z Road included a mapboard. It would be a natural for this game, starting in Chicago and ending in LA, and could stick with the theme of "found" components (i.e. using the board from the fictional "Hit the Road" game).

Enter Route 66: The Great American Road Trip Game. Check out the board:

Perfect! It even includes 8 "Route 66" signs along the highway's path, one for each round of Hit Z Road. Maybe draw in some stick figure zombies marching along the arrow paths on the board. (The Route 66 game also contains red, blue, green and yellow car tokens, matching the player colors for Hit Z Road.) So I just ordered a used copy of the Route 66 game off of Amazon for cheap, and plan on distressing the board to use with Hit Z Road.

Anybody got any good ideas for distressing it? Maybe spilling some coffee on it or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's what it looks like after applying an emery board, a couple grades of sandpaper, some coffee grounds, and a little dry brushing:

Note the stick-figure zombies:

I was even able to rough up the cars that came with the Route 66 game:

Looking forward to getting this to the table again with the mapboard and cars. I'll also be updating the "If you can't beat 'em..." variant to include incorporating the mapboard for zombie placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Ghosn
Philippines
flag msg tools
mb
Perfect! What a coincidence. This is a great idea btw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Howdy
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Route 66 board fit into the Hit Z Road game box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selphil wrote:
Does the Route 66 board fit into the Hit Z Road game box?

Alas no, it doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.