Subject: what's the deal with these monkey idols? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rulebook makes no mention of these tokens, except they are worth points (duh). Is there something special with the shrine of the monkey idols (as its labelled)? So can I seriously (if I had say 5 boots) just move into and out of this room 3 times in one turn to get 15 pts? I am aware of a card that references the idols but am I missing something? The rules say nothing about limiting the number of idols you can have and it seems getting here first and grabbing all 3 is powerful and not that difficult to do.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think its quite that easy...aren't the paths into and out of the monkey room one way paths?

Yep...just checked...you could possibly get two of them in one turn if you had 6 boots in the lower loop...the upper loop has a crystal cave, forcing you to stop there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
I don't think its quite that easy...aren't the paths into and out of the monkey room one way paths?

Yep...just checked...you could possibly get two of them in one turn if you had 6 boots in the lower loop...the upper loop has a crystal cave, forcing you to stop there.

Ah, didn't look close enough.... I do tend to miss those one way signs often (thankfully only in board games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple

Harjumaa
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is all about using your resources and turning them into points. Monkeys may seem easy to get once you're there, but they are risky unless you have incredibly good movement engine. But if you're focused on a lot of movement, then you're leaving more to other players who may be getting more coins and market or who went for the really expensive artifact, which you may then miss out or who ended up buying a lot of expensive treasure/gem cards.

Don't worry, it's pretty balanced and the game board has a lot more tricks up in its sleeve than the monkey idols
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Velleman
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
This game is all about using your resources and turning them into points. Monkeys may seem easy to get once you're there, but they are risky unless you have incredibly good movement engine. But if you're focused on a lot of movement, then you're leaving more to other players who may be getting more coins and market or who went for the really expensive artifact, which you may then miss out or who ended up buying a lot of expensive treasure/gem cards.

Don't worry, it's pretty balanced and the game board has a lot more tricks up in its sleeve than the monkey idols

AND they work well with the Anthropologist (I think) card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek Skrobacki
Netherlands
Heteren
flag msg tools
badge
Insanity is contagious.
mbmbmbmbmb
Meric68 wrote:

AND they work well with the Anthropologist (I think) card...

It's the Archaeologist card. Anthropologists are interested in a different sort of monkeys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.